GDT: Denmark - Switzerland

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Denmark look horribad, and the Swiss look like they are on steroids...

Worst game I have EVER seen DK play, yes even worse than big losses to powerhouses, at least there they have contributed to the game with shots and some possession.

It seems the puck is glued to the Swiss, and in 3 vs 1 scrums (the swiss being 1) they come out with the puck.

Only 3 shots in two periods for Denmark, and that considering that they had two powerplays too.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Moser is much improved from the first game. He has been one of our best defensemen today. On the flipside Atalo has not been very good just like yesterday and Diaz' age seems to start showing on the international level. Ambühl on the other hand apparently still has something in the tank. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets antother tournament and secures that all time games played record.

In D I also like Geisser a lot, he plays like a veteran and he's what, 22?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, Geisser is a stud. Improved a lot in one year. Really curious where he's going to end next year. I'm sure the Caps are watching.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
He has been good as well but I still think he needs to use his body more. He doesnt seem a very physical defenseman relative to his size.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Didn't the Danish player there put his glove over the puck? is that allowed?

Edit: No, he didn't. :)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I can't tell if we should call Denmark lucky or talk about Switzerland having no finish. Which is a bit of an Achilles' heel for them traditionally. Dominating the shot clock but not scoring that many goals.

exeswiss

Jun 8, 2013
I can't tell if we should call Denmark lucky or talk about Switzerland having no finish. Which is a bit of an Achilles' heel for them traditionally. Dominating the shot clock but not scoring that many goals.

thats what you get with Heinz Ehlers hockey... almost no penalties against and also few amount of goals against, but creativity doesn't thrive under these conditions...

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Was Hoffman not playing? Because him and Meier had no problems finihsing yesterday.lol

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
The puck didn't want to go in today, but what a defensive performance, Denmark never got any space to do anything.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The puck didn't want to go in today, but what a defensive performance, Denmark never got any space to do anything.
That third period against the Czechs was a beautiful demonstration of 5 on 5 D from the Swiss... when they get a lead, watch out!

Reactions: BruinLVGA

63 others

Mar 3, 2018
well there's a reason DK only got 4 shots. you don't get many goals with just destroying the game...
Well they arent that talented and didnt destoy the game, they just are kinda forced to play this way.

Thats what we did for years under krueger and its usually the only way to win with a roster like that

exeswiss

Jun 8, 2013
Well they arent that talented and didnt destoy the game, they just are kinda forced to play this way.

Thats what we did for years under krueger and its usually the only way to win with a roster like that

you pretty much contradicted yourself there :>

i didn't say anything else tho...

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I think that the Danish goalie was the best player on the ice and Denmark played as defensive as possible. That's what is the deal for this game. Yesterday Switzerland scored 5 goals: if we want, we can score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad