WC: Denmark 2022 roster talk

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I think he stopped when Ehlers took over as coach for the NT. Not because of any debacle, but I think he got offerede a role in Modo in Sweden in that year. I might be wrong though. He was from Leksand afaik and I think he lived there through the entire period as assistant coach for Denmark, so I assume he took up some coach position in the local area afterwards.
thanks for the reply. he was an excellent player on 2 cup teams for islanders. great 3rd offensive defenseman behind potvin and persson and held his own in the defensive zone

i worked in the media back then and he was always very approachable, easy to talk to and a really nice guy

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
thanks for the reply. he was an excellent player on 2 cup teams for islanders. great 3rd offensive defenseman behind potvin and persson and held his own in the defensive zone

i worked in the media back then and he was always very approachable, easy to talk to and a really nice guy
You do know that Tomas Jonsson is not from Denmark? He is from Sweden.

AKQJ

May 6, 2022
Turku
1652968835438.png

Fire in the Arena. Danish team outside.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Man this thread is totally dead. Should have more life in it since Denmark is better than ever.

Anyways, danes still have 1 spot open as far as i know. Waiting on 1 of Eller/True/Rondbjerg ?

• Haha
Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Man this thread is totally dead. Should have more life in it since Denmark is better than ever.

Anyways, danes still have 1 spot open as far as i know. Waiting on 1 of Eller/True/Rondbjerg ?
Denmark hasn't been that good tbh. One good game and then mostly been below average.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
It's always funny to see Nikolaj Ehlers giving interviews in almost perfect Swiss German. :)

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Thank you to Frans Nielsen for an excellent carreer in both NT and clubwise. Becoming the first Dane to set feet in the NHL he has opened up many doors for other Danish players and maybe get the talent scouts to look our way every now and then from time to time. Ended up playing just shy of 1000 NHL games and over 100 games for our NT. Regressed a bit to fast in the last years, but has had a decent NHL career by all measures and a fantastic one after Danish standards. He will be missed in the coming years.

Reactions: FinPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad