WC: Denmark 2022 roster talk

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Even with those 4 out, i would not be worried. Danes have some depth. And they have a system that is very good.

Ehlers - True - O.Bjorkstand
Olesen - Regin - Meyer
From - Nielsen - Niklas Andersen
Bau - Jakobsen - Aagaard

danish kingsfan

Dec 16, 2015
Denmark
Even with those 4 out, i would not be worried. Danes have some depth. And they have a system that is very good.

Ehlers - True - O.Bjorkstand
Olesen - Regin - Meyer
From - Nielsen - Niklas Andersen
Bau - Jakobsen - Aagaard
With those 4 out, I actually think the offence is probably going to look something like this:

Ehlers - Nielsen - Bjorkstrand
Olesen - Regin - Blichfeld
Meyer - Madsen - Bau Hansen
Poulsen - Jakobsen - Aagaard
From - Wejse

Not sure i agree with Madsen being 3c, but unless True, Eller and/or Røndbjerg gets eliminated quickly, this could end up being the starting lineup.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Will be interesting to see if Nielsen wants to play one more tournament or if the olympics was his farewell to the NT. I hope to see Røndbjerg and how he has evolved if Vegas and/or Henderson are eliminated quickly. I dont expect others from NA to participate, unfortunately. Would be nice to have Bjorkstrand as well.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
update roster

• Mathias Seldrup (Frederikshavn White Hawks)
  • Frederik Dichow (Kristianstads IK)
  • Sebastian Dahm (Klagenfurt EC)

• Jesper Jensen Aabo (Krefeld Penguine)
  • Oliver Larsen (Jukurit)
  • Oliver Lauridsen (Malmö Redhawks)
  • Matias Lassen (Malmö Redhawks)
  • Emil Kristensen (HC Pustertal)
  • Morten Jensen (Rungsted Seier Capital)
  • Markus Lauridsen (Malmö Redhawks)
  • Nicolai Weichel (Odense Bulldogs)

• Matthias Asperup (Herlev Eagles)
  • Morten Poulsen (Herning Blue Fox)
  • Mathias Bau (Herning Blue Fox)
  • Nicolai Meyer (Vienna Capitals)
  • Christian Wejse (Fischtown Pinguins)
  • Nikolaj Ehlers (Winnipeg Jets)
  • Nick Olesen (Brynäs)
  • Patrick Bjorkstrand
  • Felix Scheel (Esbjerg Energy)
  • Mathias From (Västerås IK)
  • Julian Jakobsen (Aalborg Pirates)
  • Frederik Storm (ERC Ingolstadt)
  • Mikkel Aagaard (MoDo Hockey)
  • Peter Regin (HC Ambri-Piotta)
  • Joachim Blichfeld (San Jose Barracuda)

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Ehlers - Nielsen - Blichfeld
Olesen - Regin - Storm
Meyer - Aagaard - From
Poulsen - Jakobsen - Bau Hansen
Wejse, Scheel

Its a good forward group. Skilled players and also hardworking players. But i was disappointed in Denmarks offensive game in Olympics. Denmark have potential to play more offensive and do more. Maybe its a coaching problem, too defensive tactic.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How do you see the goaltending playout, He just signed a 2 year deal with Frolunda, interested to see if he can be the starter or not.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
How do you see the goaltending playout, He just signed a 2 year deal with Frolunda, interested to see if he can be the starter or not.
Dichow is not taking over Dahm unless he 1) messes up real bad (unlikely); 2) goes "I'm too old for this shit, it's your crease kid and I'm here to support you" (even more unlikely). I think it's really more down to the internal dynamic between the two of them than it is to the coaches. But 2nd case is unlikely since I think he would have just skipped the tournament, what's the point of sacrificing weeks of your holidays if you aren't going to play. So if Dahm still wants to be a #1 goalie he is going to be because that's how seniority works.

Reactions: montreal

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Would Mads Soogard be in consideration for goaltending?
Both Henderson and Belleville have been eliminated from the AHL which makes both Røndbjerg and Søgaard available. Both should be locks in my opinion if they want to participate.

Søgaard and Dichow together with Andersen.......I would say we are starting to look good on the goalie position

Dichow is not taking over Dahm unless he 1) messes up real bad (unlikely); 2) goes "I'm too old for this shit, it's your crease kid and I'm here to support you" (even more unlikely). I think it's really more down to the internal dynamic between the two of them than it is to the coaches. But 2nd case is unlikely since I think he would have just skipped the tournament, what's the point of sacrificing weeks of your holidays if you aren't going to play. So if Dahm still wants to be a #1 goalie he is going to be because that's how seniority works.
Maybe you are right this year, but it is only a matter of time before Dichow/Søgaard takes over the goalie permanent. If Andersen is available of course he is number one.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Both Røndbjerg and Søgaard have opted out and will not participate in WCH due to minor injuries. It looks like there will be no more additions to this year's roster.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
danmark.jpg

Reactions: jaro

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Naturally. I wouldn't be surprised if this is Dahm's last WC.
I doubt that very much. If Søgaard continues to improve, he will be locked up in Ottawa for a while. And Dichow could get a call from Montreal if he has a good year in Frölunda next season.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I doubt that very much. If Søgaard continues to improve, he will be locked up in Ottawa for a while. And Dichow could get a call from Montreal if he has a good year in Frölunda next season.
curious if you guys know if tomas jonsson is still involved with danish hockey?

i knew him when he played for islanders. really good player, even better as a person

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
curious if you guys know if tomas jonsson is still involved with danish hockey?

i knew him when he played for islanders. really good player, even better as a person
I think he stopped when Ehlers took over as coach for the NT. Not because of any debacle, but I think he got offerede a role in Modo in Sweden in that year. I might be wrong though. He was from Leksand afaik and I think he lived there through the entire period as assistant coach for Denmark, so I assume he took up some coach position in the local area afterwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad