Prospect Info: Denis Gurianov - 12th Overall Pick, 2015

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Im starting to worry about him. At the start he was scoring then he had pretty good chances and made great passes now hes scratched and invisible
I thought he was really good yesterday . He made some good plays and created a lot of momentum with his speed/hustle .

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Im starting to worry about him. At the start he was scoring then he had pretty good chances and made great passes now hes scratched and invisible
I think he was scratched to give him a break. Don’t agree with it. I think he is far from invisible. He has not scored but should draw a penalty just about every time he carries the puck down. Defense can’t keep up with him. He still makes good passes the other players have not finished on them. Yes he shooting needs to improve. He has a good shot just needs to use it better.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
He hasn't been putting up points but he has been far from invisible. He very consistently creates extended shifts in the offensive zone using his speed on the forecheck and he also generates at least one good scoring chance per game, the chances just haven't been converted on. So even if he isn't putting up points he is still maintaining offensive zone pressure and as long he he continues to use his speed the way he has been he will draw penalties too.

If the team were struglling to score, I might feel a little less positive about his play but that isn't a problem right now. He is doing things the right way for the most part, the points will come.

Reactions: JesusNPucks

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Hasn't been invisible at all...created several chances last night and used his speed well. Creates chances every night he's in the lineup, even the game he was scratched after

Gurianov brings something that no other player brings because of his ridiculous acceleration. Not even Hintz can beat defenders the way he can

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
He hasn't been putting up points but he has been far from invisible. He very consistently creates extended shifts in the offensive zone using his speed on the forecheck and he also generates at least one good scoring chance per game, the chances just haven't been converted on. So even if he isn't putting up points he is still maintaining offensive zone pressure and as long he he continues to use his speed the way he has been he will draw penalties too.

I agree. Part of the knock on production is due to others not finishing chances he has created. Camaano missed a couple recently, as did someone last night (Cogs?). His speed is a massive asset and he has surprised me with his ability to maintain possession of the puck in the o-zone.

Reactions: Kcb12345

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't think i really consider someone who has played almost the whole season in the NHL and is close to the team lead in goals a prospect anymore. No need to post here about him.

Think he also now played enough games to not be considered a prospect anymore.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
I don't think i really consider someone who has played almost the whole season in the NHL and is close to the team lead in goals a prospect anymore. No need to post here about him.

Think he also now played enough games to not be considered a prospect anymore.

Okay where do I go then? I'm looking at potentially picking him up in my keeper league but know nothing about him outside of where he was drafted.

Would like some more insight if possible. Is that only possible by going into game threads?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Okay where do I go then? I'm looking at potentially picking him up in my keeper league but know nothing about him outside of where he was drafted.

Would like some more insight if possible. Is that only possible by going into game threads?

Sometimes , sometimes the regular season thread. There's only like 4 active Threads here. Prospects in general , Regular season , Around the league and the GDT's . Sometimes a 5th the Texas Stars thread. The specific player threads are not used very much.

Reactions: nally and Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

If you're in a decently deep league, he could be a good pickup. Might be a good pickup anyways but there's a lot of good options out there

18 goals now and basically all you need to know is he is super fast, has a great shot, and is good on the PP too. Should be able to improve and continue this going forward I'd assume

Reactions: nally

joshik

In Duchene we believe
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic

He is fast as Heiskanen and Hintz, His shot is strong an accurate (maybe already best in team), His passing is very underrated. If he stays like this and keeps the positive attitude he is 30 goal, 50+ points scorer every year.

Reactions: nally

joshik

In Duchene we believe
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
Hes frustrating to watch we know what he can do. But his possitioning, hockey iq and team play is making him average. Even when he plays good we know he can play even better.

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
He is a rfa after this year. His crappy year is going to hurt him getting good salary. Either have to trade him of hope he signs for 1.5-2mil a year.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He is a really after this year. His crappy year is going to hurt him getting good salary. Either have to trade him of hope he signs for 1.5-2mil a year.

Theyll probably trade him, but he has had arguably the 4th best year amongst Stars forwards when looking at his salary. I posted it in the other thread, but hes on a nearly ~40 point pace and the only valid complaint is his goal scoring is down (largely due to misuse on the PP) and he isn't very consistent. His IQ issues haven't been near as noticeable this season and his playmaking skills have awoken Seguin finally. Tied for 2nd on the team in primary even strength assists. Not bad value for $2.5m. All this on a system that doesn't favor him and a coach that hates him. 13 points in his last 18 games.

Idk what yall expected from him, 60 points? 30 goals? He could probably get close on another team to 30 goals, but I thought we established already that he isn't gonna be a massive point producer? Based on his numbers this year id say we should be pleased. Like i said in the other thread, hes a low end 2nd liner paid like a 3rd liner

Reactions: Elysian

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Theyll probably trade him, but he has had arguably the 4th best year amongst Stars forwards when looking at his salary. I posted it in the other thread, but hes on a nearly ~40 point pace and the only valid complaint is his goal scoring is down (largely due to misuse on the PP) and he isn't very consistent. His IQ issues haven't been near as noticeable this season and his playmaking skills have awoken Seguin finally. Tied for 2nd on the team in primary even strength assists. Not bad value for $2.5m. All this on a system that doesn't favor him and a coach that hates him. 13 points in his last 18 games.

Idk what yall expected from him, 60 points? 30 goals? He could probably get close on another team to 30 goals, but I thought we established already that he isn't gonna be a massive point producer? Based on his numbers this year id say we should be pleased. Like i said in the other thread, hes a low end 2nd liner paid like a 3rd liner
I 100% agree. I know we all wanted more out of such a high pick but he is performing just fine for his contract.

I would hate to trade him while Bones is still the coach. I'd like to see what he can do with a new coach and system in place. If we trade him now, he probably improves his output on another team and we lose the trade.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad