Speculation: Deletions To Improve

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
Again like I'm an idiot lol there is no exaggeration and my eggs are not all in one basket it was just my opinion. 1) I said in a package Hamonic for hall. I did not once say hamonic straight up for hall. 2) I do not know more then anyone else in terms of insider information, you just clearly have never seen these rumors and that's fine. 3) Hall trade speculation/rumors leaving EDM are around. You can find them yourself.

This could've been a much more pleasent exchange. Could've discussed our opinions more in depth and would've happily did the work of pulling up these rumors for you. You should try not to be so condescending and be more respectful of other users here. Some will get annoyed and bicker, I will not. Take care.

I've read a lot of chatter in this forum about Hall being discussed, but nowhere else have I heard that. But I hope you're right, if so, I'm on board chasing him rather than resigning KO. I agree with your assessment of KO, and surely he doesn't warrant north of 6M. The team is still developing, and between the young ones growing up (and possibly coming up) and some smart trades, I don't think the loss of scoring will be as significant as most want to believe. And without the KO negatives, there is a chance the team is better without him. Ya never know!

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
My biggest concern about KO is that his issues mostly seem to be things that could be correctable with a top coach. They seem like bad habits that have festered under a "players' coach". I'd hate to see him signed by TO and have Babcock turn him into a stud.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
My biggest concern about KO is that his issues mostly seem to be things that could be correctable with a top coach. They seem like bad habits that have festered under a "players' coach". I'd hate to see him signed by TO and have Babcock turn him into a stud.

Is there any other player in the league that spends 60% of his time with one hand on his stick?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Is there any other player in the league that spends 60% of his time with one hand on his stick?

Funny you mention that, but that was my pet peeve with Bertuzzi with the Isles.

It's an easily correctable thing - exactly the kind of bad habit I was thinking of.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
In general, this is a good team. Franz Nielsen must be re-signed. He is such an important part of this team.

But then there are guys who I don't want back, or REALLY need to improve in a hurry:

- Kyle Okposo: Slight chance he comes back, and that's only if the open market blows up in his face, which I think could happen. Honestly, there's a lot of wind between the ears for this guy when it comes to hockey IQ, and it's been there his whole career. In whole, the Islanders are better off without him.

- Josh Bailey: The living, breathing poke check! And that does not mean that he does it well. He's still under contract beyond this year, which is unfortunate.

- Ryan Strome: He was pretty good last year. His struggles are obvious this year. Maybe he should get a chance at a bounce-back year, but maybe he should be traded this summer.

These are the guys who I'm most down on. Good chance that at least one of them is not back next season.

Yes.. we are better off without our leading point scorer. :dunce:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Yes.. we are better off without our leading point scorer. :dunce:

We are not better off without Okposo at 2.8M per (which is what his current cap hit is), but we are better off without Okposo at 6+ years at 6+M per. That's how I see it.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
As for deletions... I have no idea what to make of Kulemin and Grabbo. Kulie is making good money for a guy who's putting up as many points as Matt Martin.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
As for deletions... I have no idea what to make of Kulemin and Grabbo. Kulie is making good money for a guy who's putting up as many points as Matt Martin.

At least Kulemin is decent defensively. The guy is +14 on the year. I am ok keeping him for our defensive forward core.

Grabo can go to the highest bidder. Since he can take faceoffs I would think he would have value.

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
I would still let Nielsen go before Strome or Nelson.

Ok. Except that has nothing to do with my point. No one was ever suggesting that Nielsen was a better long-term keep than Strome or Nelson. But 2 years ago there was a lot of talk about whether Nielsen was expendable. Many people concluded that he was redundant because of Strome and Nelson. All i can say is I'm glad management didn't share those same sentiments. Likewise, my point with regards to Okposo is to not expect our young players to replace his production. It's just not a good bet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad