DEL - 2023/2024

1878rgw

Jun 29, 2017
Augsburg stays in the league two years in a row despite beeing last in the standings, Kassel lost the DEL2 final against Regensburg 4-2.

Impressive effort from Kassel, 1st in standings, kicking Coach Subr end of February, installed Wild Bill Stewart, then kicking Stewart after game 5 in the finals.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Augsburg stays in the league two years in a row despite beeing last in the standings, Kassel lost the DEL2 final against Regensburg 4-2.

Impressive effort from Kassel, 1st in standings, kicking Coach Subr end of February, installed Wild Bill Stewart, then kicking Stewart after game 5 in the finals.
So Regensburg don't have a license to promote?

Berlin up 3-1 on Bremerhaven.. Really like to see the Pens come back.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
So Regensburg don't have a license to promote?
Exactly!

I believe Kassel, Dresden, Krefeld, and Bietigheim were the only teams to submit the paperwork for a promotion license last offseason.

Ironically, Dresden and Bietigheim had the two worst records in the league and Bietigheim, long a DEL2 powerhouse, has been relegated.

This said, Augsburg better get its act together next season, because the 3rd time's the charm, right?

They're pushing things on the karma front...

Berlin up 3-1 on Bremerhaven.. Really like to see the Pens come back.

As much as you'd think Bremerhaven would be viewed as the nationwide underdog fan fave, I sense among fans of various organizations I've been in touch with that folks are hoping Berlin will win because a lot of people just don't like how Bremerhaven has so few real German players in their line-up and have had a tradition of finding guys from other countries who end up getting German player passes thanks to whatever stipulations. They just see Berlin having more of those core national team guys in key positions (i.e. Müller, Wissman, Noebels, Pföderl, Tiffels, etc.) and find themselves sympathizing more with that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad