Injury Report: Dekeyser on LTIR out 3-6 weeks (Update in post 44)

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
The Red Wings have placed Danny DeKeyser on long-term injured reserve, Ken Hollland said. So he's out minimum 10 games and 24 days.

Welp. One gets better, one is out. Smith had a great game yesterday, hope it continues.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Bring up Nyquist and XO. Trade Quincey. Send down Andersson and bring up Sheahan.

*Just waive Andersson if he's out of options.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm guessing this has a negative implication to the whole Nyquist situation.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I'm guessing this has a negative implication to the whole Nyquist situation.

Maybe not. If Alfredsson / Weiss is ready for the weekend, they'll be good. If not, they'll have to call-up someone, using some of the cap-space available and therefore slowing down the Call Up Nyquist front.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
so, the soonest they are expecting him back is Dec. 14th against the Pens. Considering how quickly they made this call, I'm already saying I won't be surprised if he missed another week on top of that.

I wonder who gets called up.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Maybe not. If Alfredsson / Weiss is ready for the weekend, they'll be good. If not, they'll have to call-up someone, using some of the cap-space available and therefore slowing down the Call Up Nyquist front.

Right. But you'd have to assume they are going to call up somebody they can just send back down (Glendening, Sheahan, Jurco) over Nyquist who they'd have to make a move for to keep up, since he can't go back down later on without clearing stuff out.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Does he have a track record going back to WMU of being injury-prone? Or are you just hoping this isn't the first symptom of Helm-itis afflicting him?

Well I'm going back to his wrist injury which took him out of the playoffs.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Bring up Nyquist and XO. Trade Quincey. Send down Andersson and bring up Sheahan.

*Just waive Andersson if he's out of options.

C is not a problem IMO. and sheahan adds nothing this team needs at the moment i'd say.

instead of a stable C i'd rather see them trying out a new winger. i wouldn't mind to see jurco or pulkkinen. who knows, maybe one of them is able to give them some scoring right away.

while i can see that andersson didn't play well, i think i'd like to see cleary and sammy out of the roster (aka being scratched) first.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
C is not a problem IMO. and sheahan adds nothing this team needs at the moment i'd say.

instead of a stable C i'd rather see them trying out a new winger. i wouldn't mind to see jurco or pulkkinen. who knows, maybe one of them is able to give them some scoring right away.

while i can see that andersson didn't play well, i think i'd like to see cleary and sammy out of the roster (aka being scratched) first.

Fair enough. I'm just tired of seeing Joker on the PK and 3rd line. I'd love to see some Ferraro or Jurco.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
God damnnittttttttttttttttttttttt.

D is going to get eaten alive if we can't get our main guys back.

Won't be any worse than it has been. Would help if Jimmy started playing better and the offense started scoring. This gives a chance for Kindl and Smith to step up.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Fair enough. I'm just tired of seeing Joker on the PK and 3rd line. I'd love to see some Ferraro or Jurco.

oh yeah, forgot about ferraro. his speed i'd love to see for a few games. especially since they need to judge him soon anyway because of his waiver status.

i think andersson will be fine as soon as he get better wingers. he had to play most of the season with trash like cleary. give him gus back and someone like tatar/ferraro and i think andersson will no longer be a problem on even strength. he's probably not a future red wing, but as of now i think you can make him useful by playing him with the right guys and not the dead weight.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Thank god we have such a potent offense to offset these setbacks on D. :sarcasm:

:(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad