Injury Report: DeKeyser enters Covid protocol

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I would imagine this contributed to the Renouf being recalled.

Guessing Staal is back, but Renouf becomes the 7th man for a short spell

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Can a player get taken out just for contact tracing if they've been around someone with covid, even if that player hasn't tested positive for it?

Because I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of exposure over Thanksgiving for the US players.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Can a player get taken out just for contact tracing if they've been around someone with covid, even if that player hasn't tested positive for it?

Because I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of exposure over Thanksgiving for the US players.

I don't know how it works with regards to the CBA, but I'd assume so. My workplace makes us quarantine until we have a negative test if we've been around anyone who has tested positive. Of course, it relies on employee honesty so it doesn't always work so well.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

I mean it seems like the answer HAS to be no. Otherwise when one player tests positive, the whole team would have to quarantine. Right?

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014
I mean it seems like the answer HAS to be no. Otherwise when one player tests positive, the whole team would have to quarantine. Right?

They test daily after an exposure I think, thus negating the need for quarantining as long as they're negative.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah that was my guess as well, but they were much more stringent last season before the vaccine. Several Caps players were quarantined from exposure:
Ovechkin, three other Capitals out four games due to COVID-19 protocol

I think several Kraken players were out due to exposure too, because I can't imagine 5 guys testing false positive at the same time:
Ovechkin, three other Capitals out four games due to COVID-19 protocol

So I'm not really sure how they're determining close contact if they quarantine a few players but not the entire team. But back to the subject, it doesn't bother me to see DDK miss a few games but I wish him the best of health.

ColdToiletSeats

Jul 10, 2006
Detroit
249465787_585789129291692_167508735795017392_n.gif

Oct 18, 2006
This isn't really the time for cheap jokes. This is a disease that has killed a lot of people.

I hope Danny gets better soon, I wish him and his family luck and I hope he has a mild case or ideally this is a false positive test like what happened with Larks.
He’ll be fine.

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
At what point does this stop? Is this like the war on drugs and something sports will deal with indefinitely?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
At what point does this stop? Is this like the war on drugs and something sports will deal with indefinitely?
Probably, not just sports but all of us. 67% of deer in Michigan tested positive for COVID antibodies, and we know it's possible to get COVID multiple times. Even if the vaccines reduce case numbers it's certainly not going to be eradicated like smallpox.

Reactions: DatsDeking

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Now that he's fine....

4-0 with DDK out of the line-up. Just sayin'.

you don’t need to just say. DDK is a good hockey player who has routinely been asked to play way above his pay grade. Hate his $5 million salary and the fact that he was playing on a top pairing because they had literally nobody else in the system. But he’s never been anything but a warrior for them.

Anything good Seider is doing now… you can ask Mo, he’ll be giving some credit to DDK, Hronek, Staal, etc for his transition.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
What if we had a "Detroit Red Wings" subforum? Then everybody who felt the need to state that DeKeyser is a bad player/sucks/has a terrible contract could find some thread to do it and wouldn't have to write it where DeKeyser's actual health is being discussed. And while we're at it, we could have similar threads to bash Rasmussen, Zadina or Holland as well!

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad