OT: Dek Hockey in Chicago

IronCityPounder

Jun 28, 2006
PA
Hello there, I'm more of a reader than a poster from the Pens board and I had an off-topic question and wanted to see if I could find some info here... I'm interviewing for a job in Chicago soon and I'm wondering if you guys have any ball/dek hockey leagues for adults there. I'd much prefer playing in a rink on a dek/plastic surface in a mens league, but I've played in outdoor coed leagues as well.

I've seen through internet searches there is some stuff through Chicago Sport and Social, and Monster Sports, but that seems to be more of a floor hockey thing than dek.

Thanks for helping out and feel free to berate me for not being a good enough skater for ice or roller ;)

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Omni 41 in Schererville, Indiana, about 20 minutes out of the city, has an adult's men league.

Also, there's an ice rink about 10 minutes away from there.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Just contacted Omni 41, they don't have a rink anymore. Any other resources for streethockey in Chicago (running, not roller), whether it be on a rink or schoolyard, or whatever? I see there's a league for kids, but they won't answer me about adult hockey. Rat Hockey seems to be just a general message board.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Yea, it got turned into a fun center. I know there's a roller rink next to Lake Shore Drive off of the Fullerton exit.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Never heard of non-roller street hockey, probably check the park district I guess.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
The sport clubs that run softball Lau leagues and such all have floor hockey leagues, they play at high school gyms in Lincoln Park I think. Google Chicago Sport and Social Club and Players Sports Club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad