Deep cuts at TSN

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Keeps Richards bearable. With Blundell on Snet, there won't be much to listen to in the mornings.

Also enjoy Richards too. Pretty much the only thing I can really listen to in the morning without going nuts.

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
Too bad for Landsberg, was never a big fan, but he really did a ton in raising awareness about mental illness and depression.
I like Richards, he plays Pantera in the mornings, and he played my band's song few times too.
What's your bands name?

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Leafs lunch is by far the best. Hayes show is good too.

I listen to Blundell in the mornings for some reason I prefer it to TSN. It's not fantastic sports talk but it can be entertaining. Luckily my morning commute is short, usually.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Blundell is godawful. Brady sucks too. Since T&S been gone, I barely listen to 590.

Funny, I listed to 590 a lot more since tim and sid went to TV. As for Blundell, I like when Fabro and Rusic team up to mock his lack of knowledge.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
shame. tsn destroys snet in almost everything. over the last 15 years the only thing i liked about snet was the baseball coverage.

the score was always the best. they were most creative, have the best personalities, best concepts. even when they lost cabbie, gerry d, tim and sid they were still the best. then they got bought out by snet and i have barely watched since.

tsn's hockey coverage was the best after cbc started declining about 5 years ago. it's a shame that the worst network with the most boring and annoying personalities ended up winning and getting everything. they honestly suck and turn me off of hockey. i'd rather watch american broadcasts intended for people that aren't obsessed with hockey. tsn >>>>> snet.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
That industry is just such a mess. Glad I was able to transition out of journalism and into tech because I've been through the layoff grinder in media before and it just sucks.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
It has been an over-saturated industry for years now whose talent inexplicably over-represents a handful of Canadian provinces.

I haven't enjoyed Landesberg since he was a sports news host (which he was very good at). That OTR program was unwatchable as are all other "out of their elements" celebrity opinion/discussion programming. That format is designed to make its host look smart against a wave of ill-informed guests who have very little on-air experience.

Hopefully all of these guys land on their feet. Media is evolving. If their gigs weren't only about easy money for them, no time has been better to strike out on your own and make your own mark.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
That industry is just such a mess. Glad I was able to transition out of journalism and into tech because I've been through the layoff grinder in media before and it just sucks.

Careful what you wish for there's going to be a bunch of layoffs in tech too, especially if the TPP is ratified.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Careful what you wish for there's going to be a bunch of layoffs in tech too, especially if the TPP is ratified.

Still feel safer. Those years I spent in the industry I lived in near-poverty and felt like my head was on the block almost all the time.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Has the Richards show gone away from Sports and concentrating more on entertainment. David Arquette was on one day, and another actor another, I was thinking what happened?

I hate that crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad