Pre-Game Talk: Decisions decision decisions

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
We need a disposable thug to do what they just did to the two best players on the planet, I guess we're back to that.

Maybe someone gets tomahawk chopped across the wrist next game.
its corey perry time,

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Skinner lost the net.
He had his chance and blew it.
It's a simple as that.

I would start Jack Campbell before giving Skinner another start.

Agreed. How large of a f***ing sample size do they need before they realize Skinner is a chronic bed shitter? It's not like he gets an upset tummy once in a blue moon and you have to wash the sheets. Every f***ing morning, this team is doing laundry, and flipping the f***ing mattress.

f*** me.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
A 5K fine for that Zadorov crosscheck, they better note that down and take a 5K fine themselves at the end of next game since that's pocket change and not suspendable. That's criminal
Zadorov already took a suspension this season, this should have been taken into account regarding this latest action. Zadorov should have received another suspension.

The NHL department of player safety fails to protect it's number one draw. The most elite player we have ever seen.

The league won't keep this Russian butcher in check. They'd rather the spectacle of elite players having their careers ended abruptly.

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
Stuart getting ready for game 4
giphy.gif

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I used to like Lowetide but his rant how Skinners playoff sample size isn’t big enough especially cause it’s not 20 games in one year.
Like dude, when you suck that bad you can’t get to 20 games in one playoff, so you even know how the playoffs work??

McMoMoney29

Aug 18, 2014
It's this type of logic that has us in this position.
Yenno I’ll agree he costed us game 1, but it’s the blame the goalie attitude that’s had us not have a single good goalie for what 20 years? Good organizations seem to just pop up great goaltenders out of no where all the time like while we have been blaming the goaltender for a decade and we’re not wondering if it’s the team defense still? We gifted Boeser two goals last game in the slot with absolutely no defence because of forwards missing their covers. Also Campbell and Pickard both look like they have medium boys chest protectors on I don’t have trust in them I prefer Skinners style of play, he just seems to not be able to make the big save but I don’t like our other options right now if our forwards don’t start playing better team defence and continue to make bad turnovers in bad places we’re not going to beat Vancouver let alone Colorado/Dallas and Panthers/Rangers.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

rec28

Dec 16, 2003
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Zadorov already took a suspension this season, this should have been taken into account regarding this latest action. Zadorov should have received another suspension.

The NHL department of player safety fails to protect it's number one draw. The most elite player we have ever seen.

The league won't keep this Russian butcher in check. They'd rather the spectacle of elite players having their careers ended abruptly.

Z should be the one with a hearing rather than Soucy, imo. Z’s hit was a cowardly cheapshot cross check from behind, while McD was engaged with Soucy. I don’t think Soucy was aiming for McD’s neck or higher - Z’s cheapshot caused that.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The mid playoffs goalie change has worked for the Knights and Avs in concesutive years. Both teams thinking they had their guy only to find out it was the other guy.

The Nucks have torched Skinner all year. They either have a book on him or the Nucks are in his head. It’s time to give the Nucks a different look like the Avs gave us Francouz after we kept getting to Keumper.

Skinner also fades with too many games and not enough rest.

It’s time to see what Pickard can do.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
The league is sending a message either way....it's either suspension or it's open season on star players. Send in Carrick or some other plug to headhunt late in the 3rd.
If the don't suspend Soucy, I highly doubt anyone on Edmonton does anything, but if they do then the Oilers wil get disciplinary action because they "retaliated with intent to injure" because now they have motive. This is how this bush league always works.

Z should be the one with a hearing rather than Soucy, imo. Z’s hit was a cowardly cheapshot cross check from behind, while McD was engaged with Soucy. I don’t think Soucy was aiming for McD’s neck or higher - Z’s cheapshot caused that.
My thoughts exactly. They are looking at the wrong guy for a suspension

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I used to like Lowetide but his rant how Skinners playoff sample size isn’t big enough especially cause it’s not 20 games in one year.
Like dude, when you suck that bad you can’t get to 20 games in one playoff, so you even know how the playoffs work??
Lowetide is usually a reasonable and calm voice.

But the love affair with Skinner goes too far for me. These hips don’t lie and neither do the stats

IMG_4777.gif

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Z is more entertaining so the league doesn't want him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad