GDT: Debils @ Caps - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Apparently there are no easy wins at home, even against bottom dwellers.
Devils might be dangerous in a year or so

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Oh ye of little faith. How quick some are to throw in the towel with this team. What does that make us something like 9-3-1 in our last 13? I will say CMM has a LONG way to go if he hopes to be a top 6 player but anytime he scores that is a plus.

Reactions: RedRocking

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
This is why they used to distribute certain promotions AFTER the game.

Good for Nicky though, perfect game for him other the Devils taking away his GWG in the last minute.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The apples raining down on the ice was a top moment of the year. What a night for Backstrom!

I think it’s fair to give him a few more games before making a decision, but Mojo isn’t really gelling yet. One of the supposed advantages of trading for him was because he’s played with so many of the guys already on the team, but as of yet there is zero chemistry. If that doesn’t change soon and as guys get healthy I don’t know that he should be guaranteed a sweater.

McMichael had a goof up last game but he remains someone who should be in the lineup until he is forced out by someone better. Glad to see him get on the board.

Ovie is going to get 50 goals which is bananas.

They’re going to need a better effort to beat Carolina. They weren’t good tonight.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
what a game by mcmichael. surely he wont be benched when oshie and larsson are healthy!
Who will be benched if not him? I cant see Lavi benching anyone else knowing how he handles young guys. I agree with you he should stay in the lineup as a center but this won't happen.
As a winger he is not very effective.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
CMM is still raw. He has the potential to develop into a good player but right now he still isn’t up to NHL game speed. He either holds onto the puck too long or panics and gets rid of it too soon. He also gets lost sometimes without the puck. I could see Lavi benching him for a veteran player in the playoffs.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
CMM is still raw. He has the potential to develop into a good player but right now he still isn’t up to NHL game speed. He either holds onto the puck too long or panics and gets rid of it too soon. He also gets lost sometimes without the puck. I could see Lavi benching him for a veteran player in the playoffs.
I’m not sure I see what you see. I don’t see much panic in his game, although I’m sure he can and will improve. But I’d still rank him higher than Johansson and Eller right now. I mean Tom Wilson is like the the king of panicking and throwing the puck to no one. For me Eller and Johansson should be first two out, but I doubt it plays out that way

Reactions: tycoonheart

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I’m not sure I see what you see. I don’t see much panic in his game, although I’m sure he can and will improve. But I’d still rank him higher than Johansson and Eller right now. I mean Tom Wilson is like the the king of panicking and throwing the puck to no one. For me Eller and Johansson should be first two out, but I doubt it plays out that way
I don’t disagree with any of that. I’m thinking more about how Lavi sees it since he is so clearly against playing some of these younger players. Veterans are allowed to make mistakes that rookies aren’t under Lavi.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
In ~10 minutes of 5-on-5 time together, Johansson and Ovechkin managed to amass 13.38 xGF%.

Without either on the ice the rest of the team had 56 xGF%. So happy we spent a couple of draft picks to bring in Johansson and his unparalleled versatility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad