Deadliest Mass Shooting in US History

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
The thread can be used for news updates and background information, but any political or religious rants need to go to the politics board.

Chris Hagen*

Very tragic event here. Made even more tragic by the fact it was the LGBQT community. Such a victimized group of people.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Just a heads up for unknowing souls wanting to go to the political board right now. It's a mess of **** slinging and agenda mongering with little discussion on the victims themselves.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
One love

Seen the usual idiotic comments on social media about thoughts and prayers. One genius "praying for the world to be a better place" - yeah praying will definitely make it so, instead of actually doing something

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Like every single thread in that forum.

That's simply not true. For the most part, it's a handful of posters that come in and create chaos.

Just thought it was worth reminding.

If you saw the beginning of that thread and the conversations (albeit contentious) we were having compared to when **** hit the fan after people started distorting Obama's speech... :dunno:

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
I found it a little strange there were no posts here or there about 'The Voice' singer who just got murdered. Is it that in this day and age there are a hell of a lot more inadequate and alienated people with poor rationalisation or impulse control out there or is it just easier for those types to lash out and victimise people?

It's seemingly always the work of losers.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I hate that shootings aren't even as big of a shock to me anymore. Sad. Thoughts and prayers with all the families of the victims.

I didn't even flinch when I heard there was a shooting in Florida. If wasn't until someone sent me a text that it happened, which then made me curious to the details about it and to then see how bad it was.

That's sick.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I found it a little strange there were no posts here or there about 'The Voice' singer who just got murdered. Is it that in this day and age there are a hell of a lot more inadequate and alienated people with poor rationalisation or impulse control out there or is it just easier for those types to lash out and victimise people?

It's seemingly always the work of losers.

There was a whole thread about Christina Grimme on the Entertainment board.

And no offense to her, but one murder suicide is not as tragic as 51+ murders with the body count likely to rise.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That's simply not true. For the most part, it's a handful of posters that come in and create chaos.

If you saw the beginning of that thread and the conversations (albeit contentious) we were having compared to when **** hit the fan after people started distorting Obama's speech... :dunno:

Well I could've expected as much. Didn't get to thread for a few hours since I hadn't heard about until well after it happened.

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
This. Very much this. Head there if you're interested to know which of your fellow hf posters are secretly terrible human beings.

I don't know about that; I think it's more about some people craving a significance or influence that they might not enjoy elsewhere to the extent they would like.

The biggest irony is the intolerance shown towards some people by people who proclaim to revile intolerance. Champions of freedom of speech as long as it conforms to their own world view or ideals, regardless of what side of the fence they sit on.

There's nothing worse than hypocrisy.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't know about that; I think it's more about some people craving a significance or influence that they might not enjoy elsewhere to the extent they would like.

The biggest irony is the intolerance shown towards some people by people who proclaim to revile intolerance. Champions of freedom of speech as long as it conforms to their own world view or ideals, regardless of what side of the fence they sit on.

There's nothing worse than hypocrisy.

Absolutely agree. Political discourse in America is dead. It's reverted to name calling and thinking everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot or a nazi.

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
Absolutely agree. Political discourse in America is dead. It's reverted to name calling and thinking everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot or a nazi.

Then there's the media who are responsible for and stir up a lot of it, on both sides of the fence. The old 'if it bleeds it leads'. They run any story, to try and beat the competition. Tragedy is just a business opportunity for them.

Tie it to ISIS or homophobia before any facts have been established.

If the best military operation or coordinated attack they can manage in the US is a lone wolf shooting up a nightclub, then they aren't nearly the danger they'd like people to think. Really any disaffected and dysfunctional no hoper could do that..and most such shootings are the work of just that.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
My condolences to the families of the victims. Like a few others have said, it happens so often now that I have become numb to it. I am still struggling to understand why so many young men are angry at the world? When I was that age you didn't see so many angry men like you do now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad