OT: Dead Lounge XLVIII | Alfonso Ribeiro edition | Omni gone Hollywood

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
This is the kind of bs you have to deal with a second-rate site. Why do they not have backups ? Where is their DR (disaster recovery for you non-IT people) plan ? Who is the supervisor overseeing the maintenance ? Why did the user base not receive a global communication at least a month in advance ? These are the types of standards that must be upheld in REAL production support environment.

Btw I'm just being sarcastic.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
bodies flying

sticks, helmets on the ice

Cunneyworth rolls to centre ice here's Alexandre Daigle...Daigle trying to go one on one with the defenceman but Grosek breaks up the play

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Apologies for the double post, but this is an entirely different subject matter, and it's actually a serious question. If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it.

I'm writing an article for our student magazine about movies that are so bad, they're good. Except, with the exception of the Mayfair, I can't find any organized groups (whether it's a club, a group of friends or just a semi-occasional screening) who watch these movies regularly. I know they're popular -- it must just be my Google-fu failing me. Does anyone know a club or group in Ottawa that relates to this?

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Make_time350.jpg

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
If you watch the movie Fargo there's a scene in the beginning where the wealthy grandfather, who later has to pay $1M in ransom, is watching a UMN Gophers game on TV. You can faintly hear the announcer in the background speaking about a player named Ranheim and Wisconsin. In fact, just as the main character asks the grandfather who's playing Ranheim scores and you see the Wisconsin logo. There's only one Ranheim I know (one of the best 3rd - 4th liners ever). According the wiki entry he did play for the Badgers in 1987, the time setting of the film. Just thought it was nice to see they used authentic footage.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Apologies for the double post, but this is an entirely different subject matter, and it's actually a serious question. If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it.

I'm writing an article for our student magazine about movies that are so bad, they're good. Except, with the exception of the Mayfair, I can't find any organized groups (whether it's a club, a group of friends or just a semi-occasional screening) who watch these movies regularly. I know they're popular -- it must just be my Google-fu failing me. Does anyone know a club or group in Ottawa that relates to this?

Maybe not much of a help but try searching for Mystery Science Theater 3000 fans in Ottawa. This subject would be right up their alley and they might be able to point you in the right direction. If East Coast Video on Bank close to Landsdown didn't close down years ago I'd tell you to make a beeline for that place as it was crawling with MSTies. I don't know anyone personally.

Bad movies are what we do: http://www.club-mst3k.com/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad