Speculation: De hann

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
hey im a wings fan, but just saw the isles latest line combos and realized de hann was not on them. Is he injured or a healthy scratch. I know the wings had interest in him and I’m sure they still would with the dumpster fire they have right now. Just wanted to see what the deal is with him.

Thanks

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Daily face off. Again I just saw it quickly, and didn’t see him as injured so just wanted to see what the deal was with him

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I thought I saw a Staple tweet pairing him with Seidenburg as a 4th pairing...think he mentioned Pulock will be in and he was paired with Pelech in practice. Never know and think Weight threw out he could change his mind but honestly I would have zero problem with Dehaan sitting a game or two.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
hey im a wings fan, but just saw the isles latest line combos and realized de hann was not on them. Is he injured or a healthy scratch. I know the wings had interest in him and I’m sure they still would with the dumpster fire they have right now. Just wanted to see what the deal is with him.

Thanks
He’s not injured and I’d be surprised if he’s a healthy scratch tonight. If you were thinking of putting him in your fantasy league lineup do it.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I thought I saw a Staple tweet pairing him with Seidenburg as a 4th pairing...think he mentioned Pulock will be in and he was paired with Pelech in practice. Never know and think Weight threw out he could change his mind but honestly I would have zero problem with Dehaan sitting a game or two.

Any interest in moving him to the wings. Not sure exactly what your needs are. I know you have greiss as your starter I believe maybe something like de hann for Mrazek +oullette/Jensen + 2018 2nd.

Not sure if that’s good value for you or not

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Any interest in moving him to the wings. Not sure exactly what your needs are. I know you have greiss as your starter I believe maybe something like de hann for Mrazek +oullette/Jensen + 2018 2nd.

de haan isn't gonna be shopped. not this early anyways.

SI

Feb 16, 2013

That is not a good proposal - not adding Mrazek contract. He has negative value.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016

That's a negative

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I think there is a small chance he is traded. Unless of course the isles completely fall out of the playoffs race. They will probably keep him and lose him for nothing just like okposo. I don't think there is any chance dehaan is back next season.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Unless the isles fall out of the playoff race, I cannot see them trading De Haan.
And your offer has no appeal.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I have always been a big pro-CdH guy, I fear that we'll be losing him after the season and I think that would be a mistake. Legit top-4 defenders don't grow on trees. He may not excel at any one thing, but he's rock steady all around. I think we'll miss him.

Reactions: dood

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
If JT signs, De Haan is a goner - the Isles will not be able to pay what he will get in the FA market.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I have always been a big pro-CdH guy, I fear that we'll be losing him after the season and I think that would be a mistake. Legit top-4 defenders don't grow on trees. He may not excel at any one thing, but he's rock steady all around. I think we'll miss him.

Going to disagree with you here PW. I feel similar about CdH about how I did with Okposo and Nielsen. We can definitely take the loss but we need to replace CdH (and not from within).

I'll be honest, I am beginning to think if Tavares stays this team needs a defenseman more than a forward anyway. Why not use the assets from the Hammer trade plus our picks to trade for a defenseman?

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I can certainly see CDH's price being a bit too rich for Snow

And with Aho, Toews, Vande Sompel and Wotherspoon as well as Pelech's continued progression - Snow and CDH will move on

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Let’s deal with one season at a time and this season we need CDH. He is off to a bit of a slow start but I expect he will turn it around and be the top 1-4 defenseman we need on this team. Way to much over reaction 11 games in.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I love CDH, but we need to look at what has happened in Chicago as a warning. They let a lot of young talent go to hold onto certain vets then lost some of those vets when they got too expensive anyway. Right now defensemen like CDH are at a premium, and because of a few young defensemen developing, the Islanders have the depth to replace him without skipping a beat. If they can get a late 1st rounder for him at the deadline, shed roughly 3m in salary and replace him with a young player still on an ELC, you've got to do it. Use that extra 3m and retain Bailey instead. With Pulock, Pelech, Mayfield and Aho/Toews on cheap contracts for the next 3-5 years, it will help the Islanders stay cap compliant, retain valuable pieces and give them time to run out the clock on a few bad contracts while adding to the prospect pool.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I love CDH, but we need to look at what has happened in Chicago as a warning. They let a lot of young talent go to hold onto certain vets then lost some of those vets when they got too expensive anyway. Right now defensemen like CDH are at a premium, and because of a few young defensemen developing, the Islanders have the depth to replace him without skipping a beat. If they can get a late 1st rounder for him at the deadline, shed roughly 3m in salary and replace him with a young player still on an ELC, you've got to do it. Use that extra 3m and retain Bailey instead. With Pulock, Pelech, Mayfield and Aho/Toews on cheap contracts for the next 3-5 years, it will help the Islanders stay cap compliant, retain valuable pieces and give them time to run out the clock on a few bad contracts while adding to the prospect pool.
My worry would be what kind of message are we sending to Tavares.I expect the isles to be in the playoff race all season.
Kind of tough to argue the isles are trying for the playoffs and a deep run,when they trade a quality, young vet for futures.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad