Speculation: De Haan to NJ

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
How much would his contract be? Can he handle top 2-4 minutes defensively if Vatanen/Severson can be the offense? He seems to have been a steady defenseman for the Islanders and a mostly plus player on some bad teams. Is he injury prone? Thoughts?

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
I wouldn't say he is injury prone per se, but he has injured his shoulders a lot. Basically, his injuries are pretty infrequent but it is always the same place being injured. He can handle top-4 minutes easy though, is pretty steady. Will miss him.

Reactions: ds4130

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He has a completely new shoulder (artificial) bone and his next contract will not be insured because of that.

Reactions: LiasAndersson

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Sens with a big July 1. Announce the extension of Karlsson and sign De Haan to be his partner at 4 years 4.5M. Time to come home, Calvin.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He has a completely new shoulder (artificial) bone and his next contract will not be insured because of that.

Maybe someone with more medical knowledge then I can explain this. How durable would this artificial bone be???

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
How much would his contract be? Can he handle top 2-4 minutes defensively if Vatanen/Severson can be the offense? He seems to have been a steady defenseman for the Islanders and a mostly plus player on some bad teams. Is he injury prone? Thoughts?

In postseason comments he said how much he and his girlfriend like living on LI and how he hopes for a NYI extension still.
If CDH and the NYI do not reach an extension agreement, Iam not sure if a short move gives NJ a signing edge over other teams on July 1st.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Sens with a big July 1. Announce the extension of Karlsson and sign De Haan to be his partner at 4 years 4.5M. Time to come home, Calvin.

Not sure if he grew up a Sens fan, I assume he did, but don’t know for sure. That would help us get him though.

I think he can take advantage of a weak free agent class for defenceman this summer. It will be interesting to see what kind of contract he gets.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
In postseason comments he said how much he and his girlfriend like living on LI and how he hopes for a NYI extension still.
If CDH and the NYI do not reach an extension agreement, Iam not sure if a short move gives NJ a signing edge over other teams on July 1st.
He can still live on Long Island and play for NJ - no moving necessary. Maybe just get a newer place closer with his newly found money. Who knows but he fits NJ like a glove on the first pair and that opportunity may please him

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
He can still live on Long Island and play for NJ - no moving necessary. Maybe just get a newer place closer with his newly found money. Who knows but he fits NJ like a glove on the first pair and that opportunity may please him

I think CDH is a good second pairing D.
I would not want him on the first pairing. I think fans expecting him to fill a top pairing role will find themselves disappointed.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Will Moore sign/be signed? My Isles friends say he's a good 2nd pairing, but he's not a first. He's not our answer at #1 LHD but we may need something lower in the lineup.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
So if his contract cannot be insured, basically he can get the same money, be put on LTIR and it not count against the cap but the team would have to pay his salary?

Reactions: IODCPiper

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I would be shocked to see any team offer a 4+ year term for Calvin.

It will be a 1 year deal if he signs with Isles.

Maybe a few other teams offer 2 or 3.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Maybe someone with more medical knowledge then I can explain this. How durable would this artificial bone be???

That actually depends on what kind of artificial bone he has and this information wasn't disclosed. But as far as the medical studies on artificial bones and joints go, nothing indicates he won't be physically able to play on his normal level, but there's also a metal aspect to this kind of procedure.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
That actually depends on what kind of artificial bone he has and this information wasn't disclosed. But as far as the medical studies on artificial bones and joints go, nothing indicates he won't be physically able to play on his normal level, but there's also a metal aspect to this kind of procedure.

Change CdH's name to Steve and give him a $6M contract...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad