WJC: Day One GDT!

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Happy with lineups... Jiricek in Top 4 with Cibulka is a nice second pair. Generally happy with the lineup setups to be honest. Few players I'd like to see who are out which is a rare luxury... Galvas and Matliarsky. Start was good... that Becher pass.. wow. He's been toying with Top 5 in WHL scoring for most the season.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechboy, you cheering hard? Let's go, good luck to your squad this year.
I am! Thank you. I hate playing Slovakia... I really like their squad this year and think they would've been a gold contender with Nemec and Slafkovsky!

Generally speaking I have little to complain about with Czech squad.... well balanced and not weak in any area. Not elite and behind the Big 3 here but, on paper, I do like the squad. Eye test so far is good!

salwan

Nov 4, 2023
Early overreaction, but I'm starting to wonder whether the quality of our defenders will really drag down overall team play. Without proper support from the defense, this team might have trouble establishing any sort of sustained attacks.

Great and tactically really astute performance by the Czechs tho.

Reactions: deleted user

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Early overreaction, but I'm starting to wonder whether the quality of our defenders will really drag down overall team play. Without proper support from the defense, this team might have trouble establishing any sort of sustained attacks.

Great and tactically really astute performance by the Czechs tho.
Tentative first for Slovakia so far... that list of drafted players is impressive. Misiak has had some great looks!

Reactions: salwan

salwan

Nov 4, 2023
Tentative first for Slovakia so far... that list of drafted players is impressive. Misiak has had some great looks!
I really hope we are not going to continue playing vibes vibes vibes hockey after we settle down a bit, but we already knew that our coaching will be a net 0 at best, and our offensive firepower + gajan will have to bail us out. The (imo often unrealistic) expectations from home might also get the boys under some pressure.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I really hope we are not going to continue playing vibes vibes vibes hockey after we settle down a bit, but we already knew that our coaching will be a net 0 at best, and our offensive firepower + gajan will have to bail us out. The (imo often unrealistic) expectations from home might also get the boys under some pressure.
2 more periods to go! I think Slovaks will get some good pressure going. The offensive talent is clear.
I think Czechs just need to keep putting as much pressure as possible on that defence. Forecheck forecheck forecheck

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Where are fans? People in Sweden, and especially in Gothenburg, can be ashamed of themselves!

Reactions: kudla

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
My fav Slovak fact is that Nemec was the first D taken, Slaf was the first forward taken and Gajan was the first Goalie taken in their drafts. Shame no Slaf or Nemec but Gajan seems ready to have a good tourney here! Hot goalie can be key in a short tourney! Forwards did get some nice looks.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
That Kulich line looks extremely dominant and it just goes on to show how big of a difference can a single elite guy make at this level. The Slovaks are losing puck possession so often due to forechecking and they're not really able to generate any offense.

The game will eb and flow and surely they will get some looks, but if this is how they're going to continue playing, I cannot see how the Czechs can lose this one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad