Confirmed with Link: Dawson Mercer agrees to terms on his three-year entry-level contract

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I think Mercer could definitely be our long-term RW next to Nico (or Jack). Seems like a good fit given his two way ability and the kid has skating ability and skill as well.

don't forget holtz! i'm fine with moving mercer to wing, but imagine having nico-jack-mercer down the middle. that's mariana trench-style depth

Reactions: My3Sons

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Either way, I hope both forwards get in another season not on an NHL roster this year. I also would like to see Fritz being proactive and offer some contracts to some of these un-drafted kids having good tournaments.

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Devils were forced to rush players when Lou was the GM. Zacha was drafted due to need . They had zero C with Zajac getting hurt in the offseason . Lou reached to take Zacha as he had nhl size and was the most nhl ready . Ended up rushing him plus passing on Rantanen Barzal etc

I am still pissed about it as that set the franchise back years.
Few head scratching moves made by Lou set them back a couple years. Drafting #30 instead of forfeiting that years pick was a huge bone head move . That and essentially drafting like shit for a decade doesn’t help either.
I know this has been said over and over already but I am pissed off that this year will still even be more of the same .Team has slightly improved but I was hoping for a top 6 stud winger and legit top 2 Dman in the offseason . We have lots of prospects but they all seem to be mediocre . We do not have a sure fire blue chip stud outside of Holtz (hopefully , maybe ....)
I thought we would get that by taking advantage of teams over the cap. The Schmidt “trade” was exactly what I was hoping we would be in on.Nope....
Another season of being a lottery pick team again.

so basically every publication that has us as a top 7-10 prospect pool is just lying....? Huh.

Also, Ryan Murray is a legit top pairing shutdown DMan when he plays. We all wanted to improve the roster, but expecting a legit young-ish top pairing DMan was always a pipe dream...those basically are never traded.

Reactions: Darkauron

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Another strong two-way game last night in the semifinal against Russia.

At the time of the draft Tom Fitzgerald said there was little to no chance any of the 2020 first-round picks would play for the Devils this year.

There is a huge difference between playing against juniors and playing in the NHL.

But can't imagine he hasn't created some curiosity.

Reactions: My3Sons

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Another strong two-way game last night in the semifinal against Russia.

At the time of the draft Tom Fitzgerald said there was little to no chance any of the 2020 first-round picks would play for the Devils this year.

There is a huge difference between playing against juniors and playing in the NHL.

But can't imagine he hasn't created some curiosity.
If he's playing in bing and does well enough, I think he could come up

Reactions: Darkauron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad