Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
You're just spewing negative shit in every thread aren't you.

Tell us all why you think Reinbacher would only be the 6th or 7th best dman in this draft (or 7th/8th like you mentioned on the main boards)?

He's clearly not of skill set of a Buium, Parekh, Dickinson. To anybody who watches the games. About a Yaremchuk level.

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
He's clearly not of skill set of a Buium, Parekh, Dickinson. To anybody who watches the games. About a Yaremchuk level.

And so you can decipher all that from 11 games in the AHL as a teenager in a men's league, or was it all the games he played as a teenager in a men's league in Europe? Is it possible, that if he was in a junior league or in the NCAA he would have far better stats and would be able to show more offense? Also, he's not an all offense defenseman like Parekh who suffers defensively, so do you value dmen that can play defense or not?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
There was no rushing with Slaf. They wouldn't have put Slaf on the big club if they didn't think NHL was best for his development. They would have given his 3rd/4th line minutes to someone else.

We'll see what happens with Reinbacher. It will all depend on how he looks in camp. They are in a good situation where they can have internal competition for the D spots. I thought Mailloux looked terrific in his one NHL game.
On TSN690 the other day they mentioned, Habs made an internal decision coming into this season, no one in the entire org could talk or deal with Slaf except MSL

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
On TSN690 the other day they mentioned, Habs made an internal decision coming into this season, no one in the entire org could talk or deal with Slaf except MSL
Pretty sure Adam Nicholas could as well. ;)

Who said this on TSN690? I think the accurate story was more likely that the Habs made a decision that the NHL under MSL's oversight would be best for Slaf's development. Obviously MSL's coaching staff as well as Nicholas and Lecavalier all worked with him which means they could "talk and deal" with Slaf. LOL!

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
People said the same thing about slaf and he developed just fine in the big league. Reinbacher will play wherever they see fit.
Slaf’s first season was a complete mess he rushed every play and was lucky he didnt suffer 3 or 4 concussions he got much better in his second season and even then it was after a few weeks

Reinbacher should start in the AHL we have too many defs on one way contracts anyways

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
And so you can decipher all that from 11 games in the AHL as a teenager in a men's league, or was it all the games he played as a teenager in a men's league in Europe? Is it possible, that if he was in a junior league or in the NCAA he would have far better stats and would be able to show more offense? Also, he's not an all offense defenseman like Parekh who suffers defensively, so do you value dmen that can play defense or not?
Just like Slaf would have likely dominated the scoring in the CHL had he played there his draft year instead of in Liiga. A slightly lower scoring version of Noah Dobson might be Reinbacher’s NHL comparable.

Last edited:

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

Who said this on TSN690? I think the accurate story was more likely that the Habs made a decision that the NHL under MSL's oversight would be best for Slaf's development. Obviously MSL's coaching staff as well as Nicholas and Lecavalier all worked with him which means they could "talk and deal" with Slaf. LOL!
No, this was actually a thing. You’re probably right that Nicholas could too of course, but apparently MSL was the only one directly coaching him about his game this season.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

I believe it was Melnick, apparently no one not Gorton, not Hughes, no one from coaching staff, not Nicholas no one unless MSL authorized it. In fact even Glen “Dr. Shot” Tucker was an MSL recommendation. Everyone was onboard the approach

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
I believe it was Melnick, apparently no one not Gorton, not Hughes, no one from coaching staff, not Nicholas no one unless MSL authorized it. In fact even Glen “Dr. Shot” Tucker was an MSL recommendation. Everyone was onboard the approach

It was also mentioned twice by Elliotte Friedman, once at the beginning of the season when Slafkovsky was struggling (around the time the Coyotes were trolling on twitter) and recently on the last episode of the 32 Thoughts podcast.​

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No, this was actually a thing. You’re probably right that Nicholas could too of course, but apparently MSL was the only one directly coaching him about his game this season.
But Suzuki could go ask Marty to put him on his line so he could teach him how to play the right way.
Doesn't quite sound right...
No video coach? I guess Marty handled all that as well.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Saying that X player should be playing in a specific league next year without seeing the training camp is such a dogmatic and low IQ approach. No one would really do that. Only siths deal in absolute

David was already better than Kovacevic, I would be really surprised if him and Mailloux are not on the right side (if there is no injuries). It's gonna be a 3 men races and I see Barron as the odd man out.

His AHL production is pretty much what's expected of him, i.e around .5 ppg with mostly passes.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
But Suzuki could go ask Marty to put him on his line so he could teach him how to play the right way.
Doesn't quite sound right...
No video coach? I guess Marty handled all that as well.
No idea, just repeating what I heard a few times.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
You can do just as much damage wasting a development year in the AHL as you can by rushing them.

If he's not ready, he's not ready, but unless we are very aggressive moving out Dmen this summer it feels like the no-waivers guys aren't even going to have a fair chance.

Reactions: Jaynki

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Only siths deal in absolute
Just that line is an absolute...

Also Yoda said, do or do not, there's no try. That is also an absolute.

I think there's a case to be made that the Jedis and Yoda more particularly are the bad guys.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'm really happy with 5 points in 11 AHL games from Reinbacher.

I'm impressive with his offensive talent.

Reactions: Rozz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad