Speculation: david perron

Mar 6, 2012
No trading future assets for the present. If they want to cling onto as many regulars as they can to try to squeak into the playoffs, okay... but no way should we be trading picks or prospects for rental players. NO NO NO.

That said, I would love to see Perron back. Sign him in the off season, yes please.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
That was ask late 2nd. I think he could compliment this team

My thought would be to get him now and mend the bridge then resign. Let that man retire here
What’s the point of adding him yet this season that would justify the cost of giving up a 2nd rd pick?

I’m with others where I’d be more than fine signing him again this offseason.

Reactions: Blueston

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
My thought would be to get him now and mend the bridge then resign. Let that man retire here
waste of a pick then, especially a 2nd or 3rd

he can always sign a 1 day contract and retire, no reason to misuse assets for emotional reasons

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
I'd rather use that 2nd rounder to blindly draft whatever defenseman central scouting has ranked highest. We all love Perron, but we can love him without trading for him.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
If we had won 3 of the recent games we have lost and the price was right? Sure.

As we sit here today, I don't have any interest in rentals.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Absolutely not.

Perron is not the player he was last time he was wearing a blue jersey and is not the missing link to unlock our team as a legit contender. He will be 36 in May and will not have tons of options as a free agent this summer. Trading a genuinely good asset for him as a rental to hopefully get the inside track on signing him for his age 36 season makes very little sense.

With that said, I also don't know why Detroit would be interested in that trade. They are currently in a playoff spot and are 34 points up on the cut line. They haven't made the playoffs since 2016 and I think their fans might actually start calling for front office change if they start selling middle of the lineup players for futures.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Absolutely not.

Perron is not the player he was last time he was wearing a blue jersey and is not the missing link to unlock our team as a legit contender. He will be 36 in May and will not have tons of options as a free agent this summer. Trading a genuinely good asset for him as a rental to hopefully get the inside track on signing him for his age 36 season makes very little sense.

With that said, I also don't know why Detroit would be interested in that trade. They are currently in a playoff spot and are 34 points up on the cut line. They haven't made the playoffs since 2016 and I think their fans might actually start calling for front office change if they start selling middle of the lineup players for futures.
Exactly. The only way I see wings dealing him is as $ going back in trade for better player.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
If I was Perron, I don’t know if I’d want to come back here at this point. Feel like that ship has sailed for the last time.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If we can keep Kap at much cheaper than he is now I like him on the PK. I do not how ever like him at 3 mill.
Pass, even at half his current salary. He has produced zero offense this season, time to try someone else in that spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad