Player Discussion David Pastrnak III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
We have too many extra players hanging on with the team, time to get rid of extra players, make it much easier.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
He has to weight more than 167LBS no?

Yes. I'm 100% sure that his listed weight was over 167, because I vividly remember being on PastaWatch(TM) in August/September to see when they'd update his weight. Pasta went way up. Loui went way down (he was listed in the 190s IIRC).

I'm not worried...yet. It's likely a paper thing. It sounds like he literally got off the plane Monday morning/afternoon from Finland, so he wouldn't have been able to go on the ice for practice today. Maybe he gets poked and prodded by the team docs a little this afternoon/evening to make sure his finger is really okay. Report comes in tomorrow, and Pasta up, Talbot down (or on waivers depending on how long he's been up), with the roster staying at 23.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yes. I'm 100% sure that his listed weight was over 167, because I vividly remember being on PastaWatch(TM) in August/September to see when they'd update his weight. Pasta went way up. Loui went way down (he was listed in the 190s IIRC).

I'm not worried...yet. It's likely a paper thing. It sounds like he literally got off the plane Monday morning/afternoon from Finland, so he wouldn't have been able to go on the ice for practice today. Maybe he gets poked and prodded by the team docs a little this afternoon/evening to make sure his finger is really okay. Report comes in tomorrow, and Pasta up, Talbot down (or on waivers depending on how long he's been up), with the roster staying at 23.

I think Pasta was 181 when the season started, something that he had added 15lbs after his draft to that point.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
You kind of need extra players in case of injury. That being said, the team isn't even carrying any extra forwards right now. Once Marchand's suspension is over, they'll have 1 extra forward

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
I have said it before, Julien really doesnt think Pasta is ready and he has enough of his players that he covets up now. So my guess both Talbot and Kemp are in tomorrow. Pasta stays on his "conditioning" stint in Providence until Sweeney grows some nads and removes Julien's binkies from the roster.

This is supposed to be a retool year, but with parity they are thinking grander schemes this season when they shouldnt. Playing Talbot or anyone that is not going to be on the team in a year should see roles reduced or cut completely out, but they seem intent on hanging on with what they got and lose a year developing players that are NHL ready.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Right, but if he isn't ready to play, then he'd still be on IR and therefore not count toward the roster limit. If he is ready to play, then he wouldn't/shouldn't be scratched.

My guess is Kemppainen is ready to play so for some reason they decided Pastrnak is the guy to send down. If they were going to send down Talbot, they would just do it and there'd be no reason to send Pastrnak down.

They've got 11 forwards for tomorrow night. Kemppainen is the 12th.

I could be wrong but I thought Pastrnak was taken off IR before he started his conditioning stint in Providence. I think they're trying to avoid putting him back on IR since he's probably just day to day and stashing him in the AHL has no penalty if he's just going to sit anyway.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I could be wrong but I thought Pastrnak was taken off IR before he started his conditioning stint in Providence. I think they're trying to avoid putting him back on IR since he's probably just day to day and stashing him in the AHL has no penalty if he's just going to sit anyway.

That would at least make some sense. If he was activated off IR when he was sent to Providence, I missed it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Watching him in WJ 'not' AHL or NHL reminded me of the New York Rangers Ricky Middleton.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
I have said it before, Julien really doesnt think Pasta is ready and he has enough of his players that he covets up now. So my guess both Talbot and Kemp are in tomorrow. Pasta stays on his "conditioning" stint in Providence until Sweeney grows some nads and removes Julien's binkies from the roster.

This is supposed to be a retool year, but with parity they are thinking grander schemes this season when they shouldnt. Playing Talbot or anyone that is not going to be on the team in a year should see roles reduced or cut completely out, but they seem intent on hanging on with what they got and lose a year developing players that are NHL ready.

Very good post.They are blinded by a chance at a few playoff gates.Parity at its best.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
Pastrnak assigned to AHL today according to Sportsnet.If folks really want link I could find it.But its true.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
They are just rounding him in to form . No way would he be sitting tomorrow if they felt he was up to par yet. Of course with the travel tomorrow doesn't really make sense anyways. They need a guy like him right now like crazy but they obviously aren't convinced he is ready yet. He will be in Providence a week or less than dress every game.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Pastrnak assigned to AHL today according to Sportsnet.If folks really want link I could find it.But its true.

If true this is infuriating. We are already missing 2 major components from our forward corps and we need a talent infusion to try and stop the bleeding, Pastrnak proved last year that he was NHL ready, instead we are going t go back to more 4th line types with limited talent and speed, I thought Sweeney was going to end this nonsense. So tired of seeing the Talbot's and Kevin Miller's on this team when we have much better options that actually have upside.

Orrthebest

May 25, 2012
If true this is infuriating. We are already missing 2 major components from our forward corps and we need a talent infusion to try and stop the bleeding, Pastrnak proved last year that he was NHL ready, instead we are going t go back to more 4th line types with limited talent and speed, I thought Sweeney was going to end this nonsense. So tired of seeing the Talbot's and Kevin Miller's on this team when we have much better options that actually have upside.

Its on the website: http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=795902&navid=DL|BOS|home

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad

As I said above I don't think is a player decision. It will be proved when he is called up with in a week and plays every night after we have already got Marchy back.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
We have too many extra players hanging on with the team, time to get rid of extra players, make it much easier.

It's called depth. It's just not that great. Please tell us how you would get rid of these players. I'm looking forward to another proposal that won't work.

As I said above I don't think is a player decision. It will be proved when he is called up with in a week and plays every night after we have already got Marchy back.

I'm not sure that I understand what you're saying but are you saying that you don't think it's Pasta's decision? Because if so... no kidding.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It's called depth. It's just not that great. Please tell us how you would get rid of these players. I'm looking forward to another proposal that won't work.

I'm not sure that I understand what you're saying but are you saying that you don't think it's Pasta's decision? Because if so... no kidding.

Kevan Millers/Trotmans aren't worth really anything, do we really need 8 D-players?
To carry 2 extra D-players who don't have a future in Boston and give Julien the chance to play Kevan over kids which makes the team roster.
Try to get a pick for one of them, if can't waive one of them.

To me atleast would be a lot better if we had a clear top6 and those guys logging regular minutes, and rookies getting the mintes during regular season and being ready for playoffs if we make them.

Last edited:

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site

Don't worry Kemp is back and he doesn't need a conditioning stint, right? He only hasn't played in a month.

It's a bunch of baloney what they are saying about Pasternak conditioning. It's either he is injuried and will try to hide it in providence so the media doesn't chew them up over sending him to WJC, or Sweeney has no idea what to do yet because he may have to put someone on waivers to get him back up

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Unless he' injured, just put him back in the lineup already. Nobody is expecting him to carry the offence. Work him back in slowly, maybe on the 3rd line.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Unless he' injured, just put him back in the lineup already. Nobody is expecting him to carry the offence. Work him back in slowly, maybe on the 3rd line.

How about having him skate in Providence and acclimate to being back in North America for a few days?

He's a teenager, not a machine. I'm sure Julien and the Bruins will welcome him back with open arms when he's ready, but they're not going to rush him, nor should they.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
How about having him skate in Providence and acclimate to being back in North America for a few days?

He's a teenager, not a machine. I'm sure Julien and the Bruins will welcome him back with open arms when he's ready, but they're not going to rush him, nor should they.

Having just gotten back, sure. In fact maybe he needs a few days with no games anywhere. So yes, no rush. I'm sure he'll be itching to get back with the big club soon though.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you

Especially if he suffered a broken finger at World Juniors

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

And this explains why he played 1st line much of last season as an 18 year old?

I honestly don't get how these narratives stay alive when there is zero evidence to support them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad