David Pastrnak II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
keep in mind they can send him down and still call him back up later. Would suck to burn a year for less than half a season, but it would at least give them a chance to trade for a forward and use Pasta as their Plan B.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Chia basically just hinted on the sports hub they would send him down. It sucks but come on people, burn a year on an already up against the cap team for an 18 year olds hot streak?

It was Neely on the Sports Hub not Chiarelli. When I heard it, it sounded more like he's staying more than anything.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Chia basically just hinted on the sports hub they would send him down. It sucks but come on people, burn a year on an already up against the cap team for an 18 year olds hot streak?

Cam was just on 98.5 not Chiarelli and it was pretty clear that Pasta is staying in Boston.

Hazi beat me to it.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I don't care if the kid is 8 years old and weighs 50 pounds - he is the only reason worth watching this season for the most part. He stays.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Cam was just on 98.5 not Chiarelli and it was pretty clear that Pasta is staying in Boston.

Good on the kid, has earned his keep, is willing to at the very least, work hard to bring on the ice what Julien demands. Julien doesn`t demand perfection, he seems to demand a willingness to accept the game is played in 3 zones and those who play all three, whether we agree here or not with him, play and the kid has played surprisingly well without the puck

He`ll hit his speed bumps but...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't care if the kid is 8 years old and weighs 50 pounds - he is the only reason worth watching this season for the most part. He stays.

The last few games, I`ll be frank, one of the few things having me search for a stream was to catch Pasta. I`ve missed more than my share this year and it hasn`t been due to my work schedule, it`s been to being lulled to sleep by the team I love and how boring they were to watch

Chara`s looking stronger, DK seems to be back up to speed, things "appearing" to be heading in the right direction

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Pasta has made this team fun to watch again, they need speed, they need his energy, this team was just going through the motions when he wasn't here.

Sometimes it just takes a spark to get things going again, I know I feel younger when I play hockey with 18-20 year olds instead of the 35 and older guys like myself.

Teams need young guys with cheap contracts like Pearson/Toffoli in LA to contribute in the cap world.

Sure it burns a year, but who knows what this team will be like in 3 years, and where players will be. Chara in 2017 will be making $4 million, instead of $7. Money can be juggled and no one knows what the future beholds.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Pasta has made this team fun to watch again, they need speed, they need his energy, this team was just going through the motions when he wasn't here.

Sometimes it just takes a spark to get things going again, I know I feel younger when I play hockey with 18-20 year olds instead of the 35 and older guys like myself.

Teams need young guys with cheap contracts like Pearson/Toffoli in LA to contribute in the cap world.

Sure it burns a year, but who knows what this team will be like in 3 years, and where players will be. Chara in 2017 will be making $4 million, instead of $7. Money can be juggled and no one knows what the future beholds.

not sure they were going through the motions, that would intimate they weren`t trying and that`s not the case IMO

I think the team took longer than expected to find whatever identity they were, loads of new faces, and bloody young one`s, injuries to two exceptionally key players and one in Z who is a huge influence on the identity

Healthy again, a kid who`s hungry....and man, to watch a young kid wearing a spoked B take the puck to the net...................thought I was dreaming

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Luckily Pastrnak has something Crosby doesn't, Chara and Lucic. I don't think either of them would let anyone get away with that stuff. Lucic looked like he wanted to kill Brown last game.

Come playoff time, Crosby gets routinely mugged during play and abused between whistles and it's not because Pittsburgh is absent a Lucic or Chara, it's because teams do it just to the point of not getting a penalty and if the Pens react they'll be the ones penalized.

My point is that any (generally smaller) player who starts to tear it up will wear a target come playoff time, and they'll be expected to battle through it. Hell, even Neely, who WAS a physical force, wore the target with a-holes like Samuellson and CLaude Lemieux abusing them and not getting called for it and not dropping the gloves either.

A plyer has to be able to fight through it. Some can. Some can't.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Read the article, if they have their decision what is the point in waiting?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
keep in mind they can send him down and still call him back up later. Would suck to burn a year for less than half a season, but it would at least give them a chance to trade for a forward and use Pasta as their Plan B.

That is a concern, but I don't think it's as high a priority as the health and future of a key asset to this team.

It's not a decision to be made lightly, and they SHOULD be considering every angle.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Luckily Pastrnak has something Crosby doesn't, Chara and Lucic. I don't think either of them would let anyone get away with that stuff. Lucic looked like he wanted to kill Brown last game.

Good. This team plays best when they "goon" it up and I am completely fine when they play on edge. A passionate Bruins team is vastly superior to an emotionless one. I think Claude got threatened by Jacobs and was told to unleash the beast.

Also, having Pastrnak's infectious attitude doesn't hurt.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
They have to consider what's good for Pastrnak as well as the team. I love the kid, I want him to stay, BUT - he's 18 years old, he's played no more than 36 games in a season, and he's not built like a moose. It's not just about how he's playing. Can he hold up? Can he stay physically healthy? Will he run headlong into the rookie wall in mid-April? It's not going to be an arbitrary Chia decision; everyone is going to be involved, including Pastrnak himself.

If they see him hitting a wall then give him a few weeks off or send him to Providence before the playoffs. No need to rush anything. I think this team needs his energy right now.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Come playoff time, Crosby gets routinely mugged during play and abused between whistles and it's not because Pittsburgh is absent a Lucic or Chara, it's because teams do it just to the point of not getting a penalty and if the Pens react they'll be the ones penalized.

My point is that any (generally smaller) player who starts to tear it up will wear a target come playoff time, and they'll be expected to battle through it. Hell, even Neely, who WAS a physical force, wore the target with a-holes like Samuellson and CLaude Lemieux abusing them and not getting called for it and not dropping the gloves either.

A plyer has to be able to fight through it. Some can. Some can't.

The 2011 Bruins would punch somebody in the face and take the penalty just to set the tone of not touching their skill guys. Plus, that beats down the opposition physically. I want to see that Bruins team again. If it takes a Pastrnak to make guys play on high alert, then I'm fine with that.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Good. This team plays best when they "goon" it up and I am completely fine when they play on edge. A passionate Bruins team is vastly superior to an emotionless one. I think Claude got threatened by Jacobs and was told to unleash the beast.

Also, having Pastrnak's infectious attitude doesn't hurt.

Nice to hear Lucic had a comment to a Bolt the other night sizing up Pasta. Why I extend Lucic

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
That is a concern, but I don't think it's as high a priority as the health and future of a key asset to this team.

It's not a decision to be made lightly, and they SHOULD be considering every angle.

100% disagree. If it wasn't for his ELC, it wouldn't even be a question.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
If they see him hitting a wall then give him a few weeks off or send him to Providence before the playoffs. No need to rush anything. I think this team needs his energy right now.

If he does stick in Boston, I think it's a good bet you'll see him get some days off down the stretch.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
this will keep people happy while chiarelli does nothing at the deadline

headflop

Jan 29, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Dat beautiful head of hair.

hi-res-96d32211407526b7cec59c4ddb23c89a_crop_north.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events