Player Discussion David Desharnais

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I assume no team wanted him?

So what is the point keeping him in the lineup? Send him down to Hartford and give some rookie a chance.
Good chance he'll sit when the Rangers give Andersson and/or Chytil their looks. But Gorton has said they won't get their 10 NHL games burning a year of their ELC.

As for Boo, Zach says it better than me:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Not exactly the top of the Rangers priority list, I’m sure. But if they need a veteran 4C or 13F next season I’m more than happy for it to be DD. Particularly if they move more vets in the off season

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Not exactly the top of the Rangers priority list, I’m sure. But if they need a veteran 4C or 13F next season I’m more than happy for it to be DD. Particularly if they move more vets in the off season

He would be fine but I would hope they could snag a guy is a bit more versatile

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Good chance he'll sit when the Rangers give Andersson and/or Chytil their looks. But Gorton has said they won't get their 10 NHL games burning a year of their ELC.

As for Boo, Zach says it better than me:

1st line center

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Let him play the last two games, there's a very good chance these are the final six periods of his NHL career.

He hasn't been very good this year but he's carved out a respectable almost decade long career as a pro for an undrafted and undersized guy. No point in bringing him back.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
As a player I don't care for him. Weak on the puck and weak away from the puck--bad defensively which is a good reason to play him the last two games and to give him the shutdown job on Marner or Tavares tonight.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017

He'll be particularly effective as the 13F if he's actually in the building on any given night!

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad