David Bolland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He is definitely for real, but don't expect those kind of numbers at the NHL level. He's got alot of skill, an underrated amount in fact, but he won't translate that I don't think. He'll end up being a nice 2nd/3rd line guy but I don't see big time numbers from him. Still a very nice player though.

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
To answer the other part of your question he was an early second rounder (32nd overall 2004 entry draft) for Chicago.

He is also benefitting greatly since the return of Robbie Schremp and DYlan Hunter, however, he had 6g/6a in his first 6 without them points in his first five games including a 6 point opening night.

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
Kritty said:
He is definitely for real, but don't expect those kind of numbers at the NHL level. He's got alot of skill, an underrated amount in fact, but he won't translate that I don't think. He'll end up being a nice 2nd/3rd line guy but I don't see big time numbers from him. Still a very nice player though.

That's how I see him too - a very good and solid second or third line player in the NHL.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
St.Louis sports fan said:
Would you guys say like Adam Deadmarsh pre-concussions?

I don't think he's quite as chippy as Adam, although that's just my opinion. I'd say you could think of Bolland turning out as a Jamie Langenbrunner type of player in the best case scenario.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Brock said:
I don't think he's quite as chippy as Adam, although that's just my opinion. I'd say you could think of Bolland turning out as a Jamie Langenbrunner type of player in the best case scenario.

Whats Langenbruners highest point totat? 50-60? I think Bolland has a little bit more skill than that, I can see him reaching 60-70 (in the new NHL) with his speed and tenacity.

I really thought Calgary was going to select him 19th overall and wishing they did. I haven't seen Chucko much but Bolland has certainly accomplished a lot since being drafted.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
trahans99 said:
Whats Langenbruners highest point totat? 50-60? I think Bolland has a little bit more skill than that, I can see him reaching 60-70 (in the new NHL) with his speed and tenacity.

I really thought Calgary was going to select him 19th overall and wishing they did. I haven't seen Chucko much but Bolland has certainly accomplished a lot since being drafted.
Well don't feel to bad, in my opinion you got a very similiar player in Boyd in the same draft. Bolland from what I can see is the better scorer, Boyd the better playmaker, but there games and skills are very similiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad