Speculation: David Backes House For Sale

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
So our centers next year are

Stasnty

Lehtera

Maybe Sobotka/Berglund

Wow can't wait to matchup vs Kopitar, Getzlaf, Thornton, Johansen, Toews, Seguin etc

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
With the housing market the way it is, it's smart of him to sell. I think we all know it's unlikely a deal is agreed on.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Either he thinks he's moving on to another team or he wants to move further west in STL for a larger yard to raise kids.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Seems like too big of a coincidence. Looks like he's moving on.

Sucks.

I'm actually crying. This is a mistake and it probably closes our cup window unless we find a replacements.
But nobody, not even Stamkos is an equivalent replacements. The physicality, leadership, net front presence, size, defensive ability.

Who do we have to shutdown the other teams big dogs? Who do we have to be our net front presence on the PP? Who do we have to provide energy with hits? Who do we have to lead this team.

My pillow is soaked from all the crying and I hope Armstrong knows what he's doing. I can guarantee were not a cup contender if he leaves. He hasn't even dropped off, just played a different role and was a huge reason we went to the final 4.

Depressing. Maybe I'm just too emotionally attached but if he walks were a lot worse.

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
Im probably dilusional but this doesn't guarantee anything. Rutherford tweeted earlier that this was unrelated to his hockey plans. Don't know how he could know that though.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
How does someone even find this?

If it's through looking at pictures on the wall of houses on the market that's pretty creepy...

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
It was just listed, not sold. He will know for certain whether he is coming back by the end of this month. He could just be putting it up just in case. If he signs in the next 2 weeks, you pull the listing. If not, he got half a months head start. Or hell, he could have rescued 8 more puppies and need more space. No need to read too much into this. This could be common practice for NHLers to put their house up just in case but we never know because the creepers with the magnifying glass on the pictures missed the clues.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm actually crying. This is a mistake and it probably closes our cup window unless we find a replacements.
But nobody, not even Stamkos is an equivalent replacements. The physicality, leadership, net front presence, size, defensive ability.

Who do we have to shutdown the other teams big dogs? Who do we have to be our net front presence on the PP? Who do we have to provide energy with hits? Who do we have to lead this team.

My pillow is soaked from all the crying and I hope Armstrong knows what he's doing. I can guarantee were not a cup contender if he leaves. He hasn't even dropped off, just played a different role and was a huge reason we went to the final 4.

Depressing. Maybe I'm just too emotionally attached but if he walks were a lot worse.

It's a lose/lose situation. If he walks, the team suffers. If he's resigned for that's most likely a 6m+ contract, the team will suffer outside of the very short term.

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009
How does someone even find this?

If it's through looking at pictures on the wall of houses on the market that's pretty creepy...

I'm sure it's much more innocent than that. It could be a neighbor that noticed the house was for sale or the listing agent casually mentioning it to a friend/family member/acquaintance etc. Then it's just a matter of finding the listing. It's difficult to keep something like this anonymous.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
It's a lose/lose situation. If he walks, the team suffers. If he's resigned for that's most likely a 6m+ contract, the team will suffer outside of the very short term.

You bring up a very good and truthful point my friend. It'll take me a while to cope with it.

But going on YouTube to cheer myself up and this being the first recommended video doesn't help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=254BUDnI6nI

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
if hes leaving stl im sorry for blues fans, if he lands in minny i'd be happy.

I'd love to see that Backes giving hard hit on Tarasenko and then Bortuzzo or Reaves comes out and beat the hell out from dog lover.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
someone is gonna offer him a big money deal.

it will come down to whether he wants to take a hometown discount or take the big money elsewhere (likely on a team not in cup contention)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad