Rumor: Dave Lewis Interviewed for Coaching Position

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYIsles84

Dec 26, 2006
New York
So I've never posted anything like this but just heard some news. I work for Canon and we use the same car service for travel that the isles use. I got into a convo with my driver. Rangers got brought up with their run and I told them I'm an isles fan.

So he was rattling off some players he's driven to the airports. Tells me Dave Lewis was one. That he was once traded for Butch Goring. He told me Dave told him he was in to interview for the coaching position. I thought he was talking about before Capuano. But apparently this was 5 weeks ago.

So take this for what it's worth. No hardcore source but pretty interesting convo and I was not expecting that at all.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
File this under taxi cab confessions. lol

All that being said maybe Lewis was going for an assistant coach(to replace Thompson)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
File this under taxi cab confessions. lol

All that being said maybe Lewis was going for an assistant coach(to replace Thompson)

That was my thought, the assistant position...not the taxi cab confessions. :laugh:

NYIsles84

Dec 26, 2006
New York
Lol. Assistant coach does make more sense. He was apparently hear for "the coaching position". I just assumed it was head coach.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Just looking at that thread you posted this

:P

:laugh:

If I remember correctly, I didn't mean for that to come off as a dig on the Isles. I just don't see a veteran head coach taking an assistant job to Cappy.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
and once again seafoam is correct

37381-well-done-sir-gif-Imgur-Wiserh-Tr7d.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad