NESN Dave Goucher and Shane Hnidy are negotiating with NESN for next season

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Why would they want this job right now?

They live in Vegas. Fun enough place to visit. But an absolutely miserable place to live. 6 months of scorched earth where you can't go outside. And not a place I would want to raise a family

Come to Boston. Passionate fanbase. Big media contract in NESN. One of the best offensive payers in the world in Pasta. One of the best goalies in the world. Team should be competitive most years

Both men have been here before, so they get it

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
They live in Vegas. Fun enough place to visit. But an absolutely miserable place to live. 6 months of scorched earth where you can't go outside. And not a place I would want to raise a family

Come to Boston. Passionate fanbase. Big media contract in NESN. One of the best offensive payers in the world in Pasta. One of the best goalies in the world. Team should be competitive most years

Both men have been here before, so they get it

This is incorrect.

Reactions: Dr Hook and HustleB

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Definitely not true, we dont all live on the Strip. It's a pretty great place to live, cost of living is well below New England, no income tax, about 30 concert options each night and have Zion, Bryce Canyon, LA, Moab, Yosemite, Phoenix, Tahoe, Sequoia within 6 hours

The amount of time you cant spend outside due to the heat is the same as the amount of time you cant spend outside in New England because of winter.

Last edited:

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Definitely not true, we dont all live on the Strip. It's a pretty great place to live, cost of living is well below New England, no income tax, about 30 concert options each night and have Zion, Bryce Canyon, LA, Moab, Yosemite, Phoenix, Tahoe, Sequoia within 6 hours

The amount of time you cant spend outside due to the heat is the same as the amount of time you cant spend outside in New England because of winter.
In winter, you can wear an extra layer. Can't exactly strip down to your skivs in publicc.

Reactions: Gordoff

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I always loved listening to Goucher. I like the Bruins radio guy now but I think he sounds like Kevin Dunn, and I can't unhear it.
and I've been a Sherriff fan for a while now, even back to his Prince Albert Raider days.
Like most here, I'd be all for this.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Lot of people in this thread that think that Vegas begins and ends with the Strip. It’s a good place to live. It’s only unbearable 3 months of the year. The rest of the months it’s 70-80 and sunny. My buddy raised 5 kids in Boulder City. The schools are good, the youth sports are good, the neighborhoods are quiet, the lake is nice, and there’s plenty to do. Locals avoid the strip like Bostonians avoid Quincey Market and Faniuel Hall. Summerlin is a pretty lux area as well. Vegas hasn’t been the fastest growing real estate market in America for the past 20 years because people are moving there for gambling, buffets, and Barry Manilow.

But I digress.. Get GOUCH

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

You’ve been gone a minute eh?

Winters are nothing now in massachusetts. Very little snow and goes below 20 now sparsely. I know, I’m a gardener. Our growing season has absolutely extended

I’d call it more like about a month where it’s unpleasant to be outside and 2 on each end where it’s chilly but great fire and drinks weather

I find vegas to be overrated personally but you’re right about those places, a 6 hour drive isn’t nothing but theyre all great and 6 hours is better than 30 !

Reactions: Gordoff and CDJ

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
You’ve been gone a minute eh?

Winters are nothing now in massachusetts. Very little snow and goes below 20 now sparsely. I know, I’m a gardener. Our growing season has absolutely extended

I’d call it more like about a month where it’s unpleasant to be outside and 2 on each end where it’s chilly but great fire and drinks weather

I find vegas to be overrated personally but you’re right about those places, a 6 hour drive isn’t nothing but theyre all great and 6 hours is better than 30 !
so true.
past 2 winters here I never wore more than a zip up carhartt hoodie. never wore gloves.
absolutely sucks. ponds havent been frozen in over 3 years.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

I absolutely love Vegas. I go twice a year most years. I go in November to golf where the weather is perfect for this Polar Bear owner and again in March/April where it's perfect pool season, haha.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I absolutely love Vegas. I go twice a year most years. I go in November to golf where the weather is perfect for this Polar Bear owner and again in March/April where it's perfect pool season, haha.
But you don’t live there.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
idk if anyone who posted in this thread before is still monitoring it, but I'm a man of my word and here's my 23-24 hockey play-by-play demo. I hope the Boston Bruins will consider me for the gig. may the best man win and good luck to the B's the rest of the 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Here’s the thing about broadcasting at the pro level.

You can do all your homework, be knowledgeable, have zero issues keeping up with the play and calling it accurately. But at the end of the day you need the voice for it.

And unfortunately for the most part that’s just something you’re either born with or you’re not.

I think you’ve got a voice that tops out at ECHL. And personally I’m not a fan of the Randy Moller style of play by play goal calls.

As a Bruins fan I would not want to listen to you on NESN 82+ games a year.

That’s just my opinion.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Fix you broadcasting well your at it this was absolutely the worst year for glitches pixel problems commentary before the play total garbage served down our throats by NESN even there HD isn’t clear compared to basically everyone else across the league..

Not sure how there not embarrassed by the service they’re providing it’s 2024 not 1990’s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad