Datsyuk & Bergeron: Who had the better career?

Who had the better career?

• Total voters

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
2 of the most overrated players ever. Bergeron being called the "best 2 way player ever" is such a joke, he's never finished top 10 in goals, assists or pts. Great defensively but 2C offensively. Datsyuk at least won his Selkes while finishing top 10 in pts. That's someone who can be argued as the best 2 way player ever.
This guy is so upset for some reason.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Datsyuk was equally if not more severely held back offensively under Babs.
With the assumption being you simply stated this without reviewing any data, can you provide any evidence?

Bergeron was used in a shutdown only role for many years of his prime under Julien.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
His post was in reference to a poster/few posters on the main page who said Datsyuk was the best player in the NHL for a while and some other comments where Bergeron and Datsyuk were being overrated
That wasn't the quote I quoted. I quoted a single post from the first page.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
With the assumption being you simply stated this without reviewing any data, can you provide any evidence?

Bergeron was used in a shutdown only role for many years of his prime under Julien.
lol, evidence for what exactly. Babcock and Julien had a similar style of demanding two way hockey were they asked their top centers to sacrifice offense for defense. all I'm saying you can't give Bergeron slack when the same demands were made from Pavel.

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
My question too. Bergeron is best Team Canada player (overall) last 20 years.

I'd like to see the support for this argument, considering someone like Crosby (who played on the same international teams as Bergeron, plus an additional one or two World Championships) was, with the exception of the 2005 World Juniors, significantly better than Bergeron at every tournament they played at together. Toews was better than Bergeron internationally, as were Doughty, Weber and Keith. I'd even consider players like Getzlaf, Perry (both on the 2005 World Juniors, both better at the Olympics), Nash (World Championships and Olympics), or hell even Marleau (looking strictly at Olympic play) as being superior to Bergeron internationally. Bergeron was a non-factor at the 2010 Olympics (he may have actually been a detriment to the team, although he was injured...), and very good at the 2014 Olympics.

Bergeron has a really solid international resume for Canada, but he's pretty far down the list (albeit a really strong list) in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad