News Article: Daryl Sydor arrested for drunken driving.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I don't know if his employment will survive this.

It shouldn't IMO.
On his way to his son's hockey game...it was 5:15 in the afternoon and a BAC nearly 4 times the legal limit?
I wouldn't survive that at my job, he shouldn't either.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
wow. did he do the pk or the pp?

I guess the guy is a recovering alcoholic. public news he announced earlier sometime?

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
****. He shouldn't coach anymore. One of the dumbest thing you can do. Luckily no one died or got injured. This time.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Wonder how long until the Wild issue a statement.

They released a generic "we are aware" blah blah blah one and I doubt they will have much more to say for the time being.
He was supposed to be in court for his first appearance this afternoon.

TheSauceBoss

May 14, 2010
I don't see anyway ownership can justify keeping him on payroll after such an idiotic life decision. Good riddance.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
.3?! :amazed:

In the middle of the afternoon, when you have to drive your 12 year old son to a hockey game.

WTF.

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN
Dumb decision.

From what Russo was saying on KFAN, Sydor has wrestled with a drinking problem and made it through last season without relapse. I don't know what happened to knock him off the rails, but I hope he's able to get back on.

That said, he's human and made a very dangerous decision. It doesn't look good now, but depending on how he handles things, this could be a very good opportunity for him to help the many NHLers that struggle with booze.

P.S. There's a lot of judgement on a message board with a "What are you drinking" thread.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
inb4joke about wild getting rekt for a third year a row by the hawks leading to his problem

anywho, i have no idea about .0 limits etc etc.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
P.S. There's a lot of judgement on a message board with a "What are you drinking" thread.

Seriously?

His BAC was 0.3, and he DROVE HIS SON in the car. That just pisses me off.

If he really can't control himself to the point where he is directly endangering the life of his 12 year old son, he needs to go away for a while and figure his life out.

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN
Seriously?

His BAC was 0.3, and he DROVE HIS SON in the car. That just pisses me off.

If he really can't control himself to the point where he is directly endangering the life of his 12 year old son, he needs to go away for a while and figure his life out.

I don't disagree. Especially with the "go away and figure his life out" part. Whether that is a couple weeks or a couple years, I don't know. I just hope he figures it out and I'm glad his son (and other drivers) are ok.

BTW, I am serious. Everyone is so freaking quick to pass judgement without the whole story. Let it play out. Maybe it is as bad as it sounds, but maybe it isn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad