Confirmed with Link: Darren Helm re-signed 5 years 3.85m/year

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Both Gator's and helm's contracts will be albatrosses in 3 years. Book it

Having 8+ mill. tied up in 2 should be bottom sixers is going to hurt this team very soon.

Helm's contract is an albatross TODAY. When is a 30 point player EVER worth nearly FOUR mil.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Dear God, please let some team take him off our hands at the deadline looking for some bottom 6 grit and energy.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Just because you've got cap space it doesn't mean you have to use it, Kenny.

Jesus Christ.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Darren Helm has only played in a full season once and has some major injuries along the way, this is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
tDdqRGH.gif

I am very confused right about now. I don't understand the rationale behind this contract.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
And the list of terrible term deals continues to pile up, hey Kenny why not add another in Nielsen, I'm sure he's got it covered.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
This is like a sick joke. Let's just process the fact that a guy who put up 26 points this year got $3.85M. I'm flabbergasted. This is worse than Abby's deal.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I am very confused right about now. I don't understand the rationale behind this contract.

Wings drafted him
Wings developed him
Wings overpay and keep him

That's what Holland loves to do. Unless the player actively wants to leave, Holland will do whatever he can to keep them.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I'm just gonna show up briefly to say I like this and I like Darren Helm.

You ******* can all carry on doin what you're doin.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I ****ing knew it. Called it in the other thread. Holland still talking to Helm, was gonna panic, sign him too long and too much.

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
Had to get the AAV down so it looks like a good signing to people who pay no attention to term. Classic Holland. Hopefully he only has one more offseason next year to **** all over himself before he retires.

I pity the poor ******* who is going to have to clean up Holland's mess. Detroit fans will be in for a deep, looooong tank cycle

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Wings drafted him
Wings developed him
Wings overpay and keep him

That's what Holland loves to do. Unless the player actively wants to leave, Holland will do whatever he can to keep them.

I'm not meaning rationale with Holland goggles on. I mean rationale as a GM who wants to improve the team short/long term. This does neither.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
Holland is gm'ing with his heart and not his head. Remember holland is extremely close to helm's fiancée.

Holland has destroyed this franchise and needs to be fired asap
Really? Great. The Wings should hire who and than miss the playoffs just like the Bruins... While I don't like all of Hollands moves he is still one of the best. Plenty of time left to see what he does if he does anything else today.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Does anyone think holland was stupid enough to give him a nmc heading to the expansion draft. Dear god,don't let this be worse ..

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00