Youtube: Darnell Nurse vs. Hunter Smith September 21st, 2015

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Really wish Nurse wouldn't fight plugs.. Great fight though.

after this training camp, i don't think you will anymore, especially if he makes the team and starts to mature into a well rounded d-man who can score a few points. he'll pick his spots and not need to answer every goons challenge because he doesn't have to.

on a side note, i'm glad he gave it good to Smith right in front of the Flames fans. ;)

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Smith would've been unconscious if he didn't have his visor on. Looks like Nurse drilled him right in the plexiglass like 3 times.

Not sure if the blood on Smith's visor was from Smith's face or Nurse's hand.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Smith is so lucky he had his visor there. Nurse connected five straight bombs on his helmet.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Fair fight, both connected a few in the fight.

I mean Smith did knock Nurse down almost to the ground once

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
colleen-de-neve-calgary-herald-calgary-ab-september-2110.jpeg

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Funny the first thing he does is rip Nurse's helmet off while he grabs him from behind, then hides behind his own, that's what I don't like.

Or he's smart...

What does "hide behind your helmet" even mean?

If Nurse goes chin up like he did that fight, someone is going to brutally KO him at some point.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Of course he's not gonna take off his own helmet, he grabbed his opponent from side/behind, ripped off his helmet, to make sure he had an advantage. Why would he then take off his helmet after he went through all that?

Nurse could've done the exact same thing back to him. It's not cheap to hide behind your visor when you have to wear it. Maybe flip the visor up a bit before the fight but in his scenario they didn't have any time as they locked up pretty quickly.

oilz89*

Fair fight, both connected a few in the fight.

I mean Smith did knock Nurse down almost to the ground once

a hockey fight isn't about throughing a guy down like its a WWE match... its about landing punches.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
????? Nurse didn't win. Not even close.

He shouldn't be fighting scrubs. And if he stands with his chin out against a legit enforcer, he's going to sleep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad