Youtube: Darnell Nurse vs. Hunter Smith September 21st, 2015

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Wow what a fight. Nurse did extremely well against the 6'7 Hunter, and I'm glad he answered for his fight against Andersson. Even though Andersson initiated the fight, its good to see Nurse answer the bell for taking on a non-fighter.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Looked like Smith stuck his fingers in Darnell's mouth. I'm sure that was accidental as he's trying to get a grip on the sweater.

Great scrap, love me some Nurse.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Was gonna say that this was a boring fight and then they just started to go! Nice fight. Like both of these players. I see a draw. Nurse couldn't really get anything going at first

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Smith would've been unconscious if he didn't have his visor on. Looks like Nurse drilled him right in the plexiglass like 3 times.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Smith hiding behind a visor or he would be really messed up.
What's he supposed to do? Its an additional penalty if you take off your helmet. Blame the mandatory visor rule instead of Hunter.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
What's he supposed to do? Its an additional penalty if you take off your helmet. Blame the mandatory visor rule instead of Hunter.

yep, I remember Gazdic taking a bunch of crap about the visor / helmet last year when he has no choice in the matter. Refs will jump in right away if you take off your own helmet.

Evilsports

Aug 18, 2015
Good showing by Nurse. Smith couldn't seem to find paydirt once they actually got to trading. Fun scrap!

Studz

Jun 20, 2015
City of Champions

Funny the first thing he does is rip Nurse's helmet off while he grabs him from behind, then hides behind his own, that's what I don't like.

Evilsports

Aug 18, 2015
Funny the first thing he does is rip Nurse's helmet off while he grabs him from behind, then hides behind his own, that's what I don't like.

To be fair to Smith, what are his options?

By the time they're getting to it he can either take it off himself and get an additional 2min, or he can lift his head up and offer Nurse his chin an penance. Neither are likely to happen.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Nurse is a beast, hopefully he his making the team this year.

Studz

Jun 20, 2015
City of Champions
To be fair to Smith, what are his options?

By the time they're getting to it he can either take it off himself and get an additional 2min, or he can lift his head up and offer Nurse his chin an penance. Neither are likely to happen.

Of course he's not gonna take off his own helmet, he grabbed his opponent from side/behind, ripped off his helmet, to make sure he had an advantage. Why would he then take off his helmet after he went through all that?

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
So this tells me that Hunter Smith is basically a useless player and has no role.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
Lol - I loved Hartley's expression afterward. "Umm, that's not what I had in mind when I put him in the lineup".

Pretty typical to have your big boys at home in games like this, have the likes of Ferland running around.

Great showing by Nurse. But he'll need to make sure the other aspects of his game are up to snuff if he's going to cut the grade.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
So some Flames fans seem to think that Darnell was clawing at Smith's face with his fingernails. I think that is sour grapes, and straight up nonsense. What do you guys think?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nurse did more damage and landed the better shots IMO in spite of the fact that Hunter didn't lose his lid.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Wow what a fight. Nurse did extremely well against the 6'7 Hunter, and I'm glad he answered for his fight against Andersson. Even though Andersson initiated the fight, its good to see Nurse answer the bell for taking on a non-fighter.

Agreed, now I'm impressed. A real gamer.

Lids have been pissing me off, wish they let the Gallant move happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad