Injury Report: Darnell Nurse |UPDATE-4/8/16 Nurse Back at Practice|

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I wouldn't trust that guy as a source whatsoever(same guy who said that Schultz for DeAngelo was going to happen before the deadline) but the fact that Nurse wasn't out there for the ceremony post game does worry me.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Ouch. Hit in the throat and getting surgery. That isn't good

I'm hoping it is just jaw work at this point

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
please, not serious. Nurse is such a tough guy, seeing him go down you know it was something serious. It looked like it hit him in the throat, what in the throat requires surgery? Hopefully just dental work.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
please, not serious. Nurse is such a tough guy, seeing him go down you know it was something serious. It looked like it hit him in the throat, what in the throat requires surgery? Hopefully just dental work.

Lots of important bones in the throat. That is why I am worried. Not just for his career as a hockey player.

Throat trauma is bad. Not a lot of protection for a super important area.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Lots of important bones in the throat. That is why I am worried. Not just for his career as a hockey player.

Throat trauma is bad. Not a lot of protection for a super important area.

Ya, well I should have said what in the throat requires surgery that isn't serious? This could be something that ends his career. I don't want to panic, just saying, it wouldn't be impossible.

Any way, just hope not.

jeblers

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
I heard the trainers last night say it was a broken collarbone, but that is just what I and the person beside me believe we heard. Obviously not a 100% but take for what it is.

Edit: Just looked at the replay, I must have misheard then because it sure doesn't look like a collar bone injury.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
That ain't good. Hope all goes well for him. Might end up talking like Dave Manson for the rest of his career.

i was just going to say dave manson was way meaner after he couldnt talk anymore

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
hope he recovers fast and well.
also hope can get still get a good summers training in

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What is up with these injuries? Seriously. Oilers have the worst luck.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Nobody knows for sure what's going on unless we're taking twitter speculation/rumors as hard facts now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad