Injury Report: Darling out 3 weeks

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
@BHTVeric

Scott Darling was hurt at morning skate and will be out about three weeks, per Quenneville. #Blackhawks

Man i did not want to hear that....well now it's time for Crow to get tuned up, post season not far away.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
wow, what kind of injury does he have.

this sucks, esp when playoff games are around the corner.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
Wonder if someone hit him with a shot? If so, WHO?

Tracey Myers is reporting that Q said he got hurt late in skate, "could be" off a shot. Q: "I'm hearing it's a hand injury..."

Crazy because I was just listening to Sirius NHL radio yesterday and they were talking about how hard teams play for their back up goalies because "those are the guys who stay late after every practice and skate and allow the rest of the team to shoot high and shoot hard so they (skaters) can work on their games as far as picking corners and such....with starting goalies they will #$%^ you if you shoot high at all!"

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Making an assumption here but going by the fact that it is an UBI and 3 weeks, it sounds like a broken finger which can happen rather easy even with current equipment.

Wonder if someone hit him with a shot? If so, WHO?

Tracey Myers is reporting that Q said he got hurt late in skate, "could be" off a shot. Q: "I'm hearing it's a hand injury..."

Crazy because I was just listening to Sirius NHL radio yesterday and they were talking about how hard teams play for their back up goalies because "those are the guys who stay late after every practice and skate and allow the rest of the team to shoot high and shoot hard so they (skaters) can work on their games as far as picking corners and such....with starting goalies they will #$%^ you if you shoot high at all!"

Yep sounds like a broken finger.

Most goalies do get pissed when people shoot high in morning skates and warmups (some get pissed at anything high). Most goalies just want to get a feel for the puck in warmups and morning skates so players trying to snipe or deke are annoying. Nothing is worse that in a morning skate where a bender keeps deke when you are just trying to get warmed up.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Well this sucks. But better to have all these injuries now and get healthy for the playoffs

Hopefully Crow steps up and uses this as an opportunity to get right

I like that he had his first 1GA game in 22 starts. Don't like that the one goal was the obligatory softie a game goal.

They will just have to battle through. With a home/away back to back does Crow start tonite too?
Back

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Like there was any possibility for Crow not to be a starter for the next several years. Why the hate?

He was kidding :laugh:

Sucks for Scott. He was on a whole different level. Hope it is nothing too serious and they are keeping him out longer so it is fully healed.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Men's league teammate played with Scott in the SPHL and they still talk regularly. I personally saw the text message where Darling said it was nothing serious. Darling said he was expecting his absence to be less than the predicted three weeks.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Darling will accompany the team on this week's road trip.

Glass reassigned to Rockford.

We will be following you for your inside scoop on Darling this coming off-season :)

Good news that he is back, means we don't have to wear out Crawford for the rest of the regular season, before he starts for us in Game 1 of the playoffs.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
We will be following you for your inside scoop on Darling this coming off-season :)

Good news that he is back, means we don't have to wear out Crawford for the rest of the regular season, before he starts for us in Game 1 of the playoffs.

Oh it's not that good. We were just suppose to see him in Nashville as he was slotted to get the second half of that back-to-back so they had been talking about meeting up before he got hurt to say hello. I won't know squat come contract talk.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Men's league teammate played with Scott in the SPHL and they still talk regularly. I personally saw the text message where Darling said it was nothing serious. Darling said he was expecting his absence to be less than the predicted three weeks.

:amazed: Some insider info that was right on. Well done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad