Dark Souls coming to Switch

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I haven't heard anything specific so it's hard to know what this actually is. Some people saying its going to be redone in the DS3/Bloodborne engine, I'd like that but it sounds optimistic. All they say in that article is improved framerate and resolution, which isnt saying much, DS is a 30 fps game even on PC without mods.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
It’s gonna come to other consoles so should probably rename the thread

I’m hyped for this game. Dark souls 1 was just so good. One of those games where the atmosphere is almost unmatchable imo

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
More interested in seeing it running at 60 frames on the other platforms at this point.

Either way, probably the most disappointing announcement From could've made... but I guess it'll have to do for now.

Also looks like Xbox One X and PS4 Pro resolutions will be upscaled 4K, with only the PC version being native. For all the tough talk they were doing over those machines, they don't seem to be holding up their end of the bargain.

Last edited:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
It’s gonna come to other consoles so should probably rename the thread

I’m hyped for this game. Dark souls 1 was just so good. One of those games where the atmosphere is almost unmatchable imo

I did mention the other platforms in the title. Regardless I did try to change it but I don't see where to do that even in advanced edit. I think its more impressive that the Switch is getting another third party game (even a remaster) that sold well previously. I really want Switch to get some new / current games though. People who have been playing Xbox / PS / PC have played a lot of these games already.

But like I said I actually never played the original DS so I might give this one a go.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
More interested in seeing it running at 60 frames on the other platforms at this point.

Either way, probably the most disappointing announcement From could've made... but I guess it'll have to do for now.

Also looks like Xbox One X and PS4 Pro resolutions will be upscaled 4K, with only the PC version being native. For all the tough talk they were doing over those machines, they don't seem to be holding up their end of the bargain.

This has been the story this generation.

Marketing is making promises the hardware can't cash.

I don't know if I should blame false advertising, the hype train, or a bit of both.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
This has been the story this generation.

Marketing is making promises the hardware can't cash.

I don't know if I should blame false advertising, the hype train, or a bit of both.
DigitalFoundry was pretty accurate with this video:

Basically they said PS4 should be a 1440p machine, turns out its right in that ballpark in most AAA games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad