Recalled/Assigned: Dansk to CBJ; Forsberg to Springfield

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I for one am happy about this. Ride CMac until Bob gets back.

Forsberg got a nice little payday for his good run in Springfield by collecting an NHL check. However, it stalled the string of good play he had down there and now he's going to have to put his confidence back together.

Dansk is just keeping the bench warm until Bob is back.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.

Forsberg got a nice little payday for his good run in Springfield by collecting an NHL check. However, it stalled the string of good play he had down there and now he's going to have to put his confidence back together.

Also allows the goalie coach to work with Dansk.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
OH boy! Let's start him against Montreal. This a really good draft year.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

This is the most likely reason. Bob is projected back this week or next. Maybe they have had inquiries on Curtis and would prefer that Forsberg garner most of the starts in Springfield while Dansk finishes the year in Columbus working with Ian Clark on his game.

:dunno: Certainly might indicate that the team has thrown in the playoff push towel and will start to evaluate some of their younger talent over the next few weeks.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Wow. Plot twist!

I wouldn't expect Dansk to start anytime soon either. Figure this is an attempt to get Forsberg back where he can perform before his confidence completely implodes. But, hey, stranger things have happened.

thebus2288*

It'd be nice if we still had McKenna...or even Smith.

"Gotta make room" :shakehead

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Forseberg was just bad. Dansk can't be any worse. Bob is what? One of two weeks away?

I hope the kid gets a game. We're done anyway.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
If Dansk starts a game, other than because of an injury to CMac, HCTR deserves the can.

Silly comment since we have a 3 in 4 nights coming up and our backup isn't all that great with that type of workload. Stop with the melodrama already.

Thanks,

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio

This

And this.

Bob is extremely close to playing, so no way Dansk plays an actual NHL game. I'd wager Bob will play 1 of our 2 weekend games ( likely against the Pens on Sunday ).

Management recognizes Forsberg needs to build back his confidence in the AHL, and it wouldn't hurt to give Dansk some practice time against some NHL'ers.

But no, pro-tankers, Dansk WILL NOT play in any of our remaining games. :razz:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
This board is becoming tough to read with all the overreacting and crazy comments.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Springfield has 3 games this weekend, so Forsberg getting back to his usual form will help win those games. The losing streak while he has been gone has the Falcons plummeting in the standings. They keep losing and they'll have to battle just to make the playoffs.

Forsberg is still in the top 5 goalies in GAA and save percentage in the AHL. Dansk is #48 out of 50 in the AHL (ranked by save percentage). Dansk helped the Falcons fall in the standings, so he might as well help the Jackets get a better draft pick, right? :wink:

At the point, Springfield's playoff run is the priority since it will be good experience for the prospects. Prospects in juniors or overseas (like Zaar) could play if their season ends early, including college prospects like Reilly and Ambroz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad