Danny Irmen or Ryan Potulny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Potulny would be better to build around, scores more gaols. While Irman will make a good player better by doing all the little things and still finding a way to score.

Flyers_UK

Mar 3, 2004
Good question. I'm big fans of them both, and would love the Flyers to get hold of Irmen somehow. However, i would have to say Potulny has the egde based on stats, and him being probably the most impressive guy at camp this year. Carter and Richards both spoke highly of him, as did the coaches.

Potulny has skills to put goals in at high level, and i'd take a risk saying he might make a scoring line at NHL some day, probably at wing.

Some nice videos of both players were available at www.gopherpucklive.com, but I believe these have been taken down now.

Juicer

Mar 14, 2004
Potulny had two more tonight and was named the first star(against the top ranked Wolverines) He leads the nation in goals with 14 and has a point in every game so far this year. So far he is one of the Hobey Baker favourites. Irman is a good player, but Potulny has been the "go to" guy for Minnesota and has been the guy who has scored the big goals for them.

As for who is the better prospect, I guess it depends on what you are looking for. Potulny has the better upside, and Irmen is the safer pick, but I wouldn't consider him surefire NHLer.

I would take Potulny, but take that with a grain of salt because I am a Flyer's fan.

Flyers_UK

Mar 3, 2004
Just to put the word out, interested UK fans can watch them both on the Sky subscription channel, NASN, on Sun 28th, at 7pm GMT.

Even if you don't subscribe, check the listing, because it might be freeview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad