Prospect Info: Danila Yurov RW/C, 24th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Either direction regresses to the mean, no progress :)
Gus, MAF & Wallstedt should at least combine for > 0.900 SV %. If they get to 0.905 or above, this is a playoff team. We almost made it this year with a ton of injuries and lottery level goaltending

This ain’t your typical Wild team anymore. Boldy, JEE, Kap, Brodin & Faber are all legitimate top of the lineup players. If we get anything from the next tier like Spurgeon, Rossi, Zucc (5v5, not PP), Hartman we will be back in business. The business of the 1st round exits.

Playoff hockey is still a ton of fun to watch, even if you’re basically cannon fodder

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I don't think Öhgren should play on the 4th line, so we need Freddy and Foligno to be there. MoJo on a contract year should be good for 15 goals and 40 points. Add a fourth line bruiser and a decent D-man together with a bounce back year for 50-year old Flower and Gus. That could get them back in the playoffs.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think it will be better than people think. Lots went wrong this year

-Spurgeon unlikely to miss 60+ games

-Goalies should progress to the mean just like they regressed this year after Gus’ insane 22-23 season

-Marat + Ohgren >>> Iowa guys we had this year

-$6M in cap space to add a vet
But we also have guys getting older like Zucc, Hartman, Foligno, Gaudreau, Merrill, MoJo, Fleury, and for all that Duhaime and Dewar weren't great, they were a hell of a lot better than Luchinni, Lettierri, and Shaw. Kaprizov was epic...can't expect more from him. Same with Faber. Maybe Boldy will a tad better, and Rossi, too.

Yurov coming over was my cause for optimism, next year. Partly to make the team better, partly to keep Kap engaged.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
But we also have guys getting older like Zucc, Hartman, Foligno, Gaudreau, Merrill, MoJo, Fleury, and for all that Duhaime and Dewar weren't great, they were a hell of a lot better than Luchinni, Lettierri, and Shaw. Kaprizov was epic...can't expect more from him. Same with Faber. Maybe Boldy will a tad better, and Rossi, too.

Yurov coming over was my cause for optimism, next year. Partly to make the team better, partly to keep Kap engaged.
Can’t get less than we got from Foligno/Merrill/Gaudreau this year and Zucc was already a complete non-factor away from 97. Hartman isn’t going to be at an age where he drops and the Dewey’s are being seriously overrated here.

If we remove the doom and gloom, it’s much more likely we have a bounce back year. Not to contention, but back to our usual WC spot

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

All those guys with the exception of Zucc & Hartman are depth players at this point. Regression from them shouldn't be very impactful.

Kap - Ek - Boldy
X (UFA/Heidt) - Rossi - Zucc
Ohgren - Khusnutdinov - Hartman
Johansson - Gaudreau - Foligno

Brodin - Faber
Chisholm - Spurgeon
Middleton - Bogosian
Merrill

That lineup looks significantly better than any lineup we iced last season. Having another $6M to fill in a Top 6 spot can be pretty significant too.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
All those guys with the exception of Zucc & Hartman are depth players at this point. Regression from them shouldn't be very impactful.

Kap - Ek - Boldy

Brodin - Faber
Chisholm - Spurgeon
Middleton - Bogosian
Merrill

That lineup looks significantly better than any lineup we iced last season. Having another $6M to fill in a Top 6 spot can be pretty significant too.
That 4th line looks just.....yikes. Two guys who couldn't hit water if their kayaks flipped over, and the other guy who is seriously injury prone.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

Kap - Ek - Boldy

Brodin - Faber
Chisholm - Spurgeon
Middleton - Bogosian
Merrill

IMO, it's the poor effort from our depth forwards that sunk the team. Our top players - Kap, Boldy, JEE, Faber, Brodin - were fine. Poor depth is a killer.

That 4th line looks just.....yikes. Two guys who couldn't hit water if their kayaks flipped over, and the other guy who is seriously injury prone.
Rather have Letierri, Luchinni, and Shaw?

Reactions: MNRube

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
IMO, it's the poor effort from our depth forwards that sunk the team. Our top players - Kap, Boldy, JEE, Faber, Brodin - were fine. Poor depth is a killer.

Rather have Letierri, Luchinni, and Shaw?
Once injuries are accounted for, we probably do have Letierri and Shaw. And Merrill on a regular shift — Bogosian and Spurgeon don't have the greatest history of staying healthy all year.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Once injuries are accounted for, we probably do have Letierri and Shaw. And Merrill on a regular shift — Bogosian and Spurgeon don't have the greatest history of staying healthy all year.
Bogo was remarkably healthy for us, given his past record.

I am hoping Merrill gets shot into the proverbial sun, and Hunt gets brought up. Hopefully Milne is ready for some NHL time, maybe Bankier. Beckman and Walker are longshots, at this point. I always thought that Walker was smarter and had a more varied offensive game than Beckman, but both are scorers who don't score when brought up. I think that they like Beckman's size, or at least height and reach, but he is NOT a physical player, at all. If he did bulk up like crazy and develop some physicality(like rossi did last summer) he might have a chance to make the team as a 4th liner.

Shaw looked slow and ineffective last year, and it's not like he had the speed to burn in the first place. If Dewar wasn't good enough for Guerin, i don't see how Shaw is. Dewar is a better player in every way. Lettierri and Luchinni don't do anything well enough in the NHL to keep them up. VG AHL'ers ... I appreciate that.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It's nice to see that he agrees that he needs to find more consistency day to day and that he wasn't really a dominant player. That lines up with what I saw, and is a big reason why I have no issue with him staying another year.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
im not saying your wrong im just saying imo yurov could have struggled and learned how to play in the nhl next season making us a legit playoff team after that. just my 2 cents.

Let's be honest here, they'd break him in with Foligno and Gaudreau on his line, he would obviously struggle to adapt to that game, then they'd drop his ice time or send him to Iowa, and most of this board, myself included, would have a meltdown. It's just better this way.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Bogo was remarkably healthy for us, given his past record.

I am hoping Merrill gets shot into the proverbial sun, and Hunt gets brought up. Hopefully Milne is ready for some NHL time, maybe Bankier. Beckman and Walker are longshots, at this point. I always thought that Walker was smarter and had a more varied offensive game than Beckman, but both are scorers who don't score when brought up. I think that they like Beckman's size, or at least height and reach, but he is NOT a physical player, at all. If he did bulk up like crazy and develop some physicality(like rossi did last summer) he might have a chance to make the team as a 4th liner.

Shaw looked slow and ineffective last year, and it's not like he had the speed to burn in the first place. If Dewar wasn't good enough for Guerin, i don't see how Shaw is. Dewar is a better player in every way. Lettierri and Luchinni don't do anything well enough in the NHL to keep them up. VG AHL'ers ... I appreciate that.
Exactly, Bogo was remarkably healthy given his track record. I'm expecting some reversion to the mean with that.

I'm hoping Shaw regains some of his speed once he's had an offseason to rebuild a bit. I'm not hopeful, just hoping. I'd also love to see Milne or Bankier overtake the older AHL guys, but the Wild will already have Rossi in his 2nd year, Faber in his 2nd year, Khusnutdinov in his 1st year, Ohgren in his 1st year, and maybe Hunt in his 1st year, and then you'd be adding in Bankier, Milne, or both. That's 2010-11 Oilers levels of youth. I'm not sure Guerin would risk making the roster quite that inexperienced. I'm more willing to believe he'll trade for/sign a 4th line bruiser rather than do that.

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Let's be honest here, they'd break him in with Foligno and Gaudreau on his line, he would obviously struggle to adapt to that game, then they'd drop his ice time or send him to Iowa, and most of this board, myself included, would have a meltdown. It's just better this way.
It's scary how predictable it all is, but here we are......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad