Daniel Alfredsson to Wing 2.0

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Sens fan here!

Rumors here in the Ottawa market are that Daniel Alfredsson could make his way to Detroit in some type of management role in the Red Wings Front Office. Rumors have it he wasn't big working with Melnyk over here but would still like to be in hockey in some form or capacity...

Could you see this happening? Would you guys have any room on your staff ? How is Hollands relationship with Alfie ?

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
He'll if he still has skates holland might give him a 3 year deal worth 4m a year.

But in all seriousness it wouldn't surprise me. We have a loyal(sometimes good sometimes bad) organization and lots of former players work for the organization in some capacity.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I believe it may have been TZE who predicted it before he even played his 1st game with Detroit.

Yeah, I would not be shocked at all if he ended up in a role here.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
Didn't Alfie state he was going back to Sweden? Could work with Hakan and Lidstrom? Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see him added to the scouting staff there.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Sens fan here!

Rumors here in the Ottawa market are that Daniel Alfredsson could make his way to Detroit in some type of management role in the Red Wings Front Office. Rumors have it he wasn't big working with Melnyk over here but would still like to be in hockey in some form or capacity...

Could you see this happening? Would you guys have any room on your staff ? How is Hollands relationship with Alfie ?

Its sad to see Ottawa having a strained relationship with Alfy.

Maybe he is just taking time off, and NHL front office work is just not for him.
Maybe he wants to spend more time with his kids. I mean he really doesnt need the money.
Maybe there is an issue with Ottawa.

I have no idea.

I do know, he seems like a bright guy, and obviously a legend in hockey.

If he wanted to work for Detroit, we would be glad to have him in any job he wants to do. Infact our board would support him for GM maybe LOL!

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Didn't Alfie state he was going back to Sweden? Could work with Hakan and Lidstrom? Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see him added to the scouting staff there.

I wonder if good hockey players are actually good scouts. Good players aren't necessarily good coaches or GMs. Lots of examples.

They are somewhat overlapping, but different skills.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
I wonder if good hockey players are actually good scouts. Good players aren't necessarily good coaches or GMs. Lots of examples.

They are somewhat overlapping, but different skills.

To me that seems to be one of the only ways to become a scout..is to have played at a high level. I mean certainly there are other opportunities for others to become a scout or work in the FO of a building but its not like DRW or other pro org have an online application they can fill out for the job lol.

Isn't Pat Verbeek a scout? Draper, Lidstrom, Maltby all have done FO/Scout work..I mean the FO of most teams is most likely full of former pros

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad