Trade: D'Angelo Russell, Malik Beasley, Jarred Vanderbilt to LAL, Mike Conley, NAW, 3 2nds to MIN, JTA, Damian Jones, Russell Westbrook, 2027 1st to UTAH

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
d-lo does absolutely nothing to help the lakers out. if they're trading a first round pick, there better be more coming back

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Looks like trades wise Jazzs are having a monster year

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Looks like trades wise Jazzs are having a monster year
Danny Ainge is doing Danny Ainge. In 2 years the Jazz will be a power player. I don’t know why anyone trades with this guy.

Reactions: NJDevs26

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Danny Ainge is doing Danny Ainge. In 2 years the Jazz will be a power player. I don’t know why anyone trades with this guy.

Jazz will have all the assets, nothing for the rest.

Those post Lebron Lakers picks are damm interesting

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I would be livid if I was a Lakers fan. If you trade such a lightly protected 1st round pick when you have basically no youth and your best player is 38 years old, you gotta get back a real difference maker. Are the Lakers even making the play-in with this trade?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I would be livid if I was a Lakers fan. If you trade such a lightly protected 1st round pick when you have basically no youth and your best player is 38 years old, you gotta get back a real difference maker.
they weren't gonna get back any real difference makers just by dealing westbrick and a 1st. only losing one 1st rounder for this package isn't terrible at all

simply getting westbrick off the team makes them better

Reactions: Voight

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Did not realize they get back 2 other rotation players in Beasley and Vanderbilt. OK, that makes it better. Still think it's kind of a half measure type of move that doesn't really change their situation all that much. It's going to be a life and death battle to be a play-in team.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Did not realize they get back 2 other rotation players in Beasley and Vanderbilt. OK, that makes it better. Still think it's kind of a half measure type of move that doesn't really change their situation all that much. It's going to be a life and death battle to be a play-in team.
it should improve their offense for sure but they're still awful on defense and that's what's going to keep them a play-in team at best

but westbrick had to go and they weren't just going to sit back and do nothing with how well lebron is playing

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Have to say that looks like a good trade for the Lakers. They're not title contenders but they should be a playoff team now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad