Danbury Trashers

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Was at the premier last night at the DIA and can sum it up like this: It was to the Trashers what The Rise And Fall of ECW was to ECW. Simply incredible. Seeing so many friends I hadn't seen in a long time and reliving all those great memories was just so wonderful.

20210831_193401.jpg

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
This has to be one of my favorite documentaries ever! Absolutely wild Somebody please find me a Danbury Trashers jersey

Reactions: uncleben

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
Had the pleasure of visiting the DIA 3 times to watch the Trashers play Adirondack. It was crazy, the environment was exciting. Mrs Galante actually approached us to thanks us for making the trip from Upstate NY. She was very welcoming, and even gave us shirts and hats lol. As wrong as things were they definitely had something special. The league had to do something to stop the train wreck but couldn't control them, the FBI did it for them.

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
Was at the premier last night at the DIA and can sum it up like this: It was to the Trashers what The Rise And Fall of ECW was to ECW. Simply incredible. Seeing so many friends I hadn't seen in a long time and reliving all those great memories was just so wonderful.

View attachment 463294
OMG that had to be fun, would have loved to have been there.

Reactions: sabremike

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
If you've seen one butt in an orange jumpsuit, you've seen 'em all. No cinematic value in that.

There's plenty of value in it - the film glorified this jerk's criminal exploits. There were no real winners from the Trashers debacle. He went to prison for nine years. The Trashers head coach got 15 months probation for a federal felony, and they didn't even mention that. The whole thing was a criminal enterprise and they barely touched on it and made Galante, who was a perpetrator, out to be some kind of victim.

Reactions: Primary Assist

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Follow the money trail. Those poor souls must need some funding to get back on the straight & narrow.

Aug 10, 2015
I just watched the documentary today and enjoyed it. Makes me wonder how much that is underhanded or under the table happening in all leagues everywhere. I assume (hope) not to the level of this, but it would be naive to think this doesn't happen at all levels and sports.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
I just watched the documentary today and enjoyed it. Makes me wonder how much that is underhanded or under the table happening in all leagues everywhere. I assume (hope) not to the level of this, but it would be naive to think this doesn't happen at all levels and sports.
"T-bone" Pomposello was the equipment manager for the Reading Royals for half season a couple years after Danbury. He was fired in January, rumors were he was selling sticks, skates, etc and pocketing the cash. I knew him a bit, and he was definitely playing it up for the cameras. Not that stuff didn't happen in Danbury, or that he was above breaking the law (obviously), but he was hamming it up for sure.
We also had a couple players who had been in Danbury on the Royals. I'm an optometrist, and I often see players for eye exams. The guy from Danbury who I saw was surprised I didn't just give him a couple years worth of contacts and some glasses. He said in Danbury they had someone to "hook the players up" with whatever they needed. They were getting cash under the table and they had no expenses. No wonder they all loved it.
I also know the Royal reported themselves to the league for a minor salary cap violation years ago. A fan lent a car to a player, and then didn't ask for it back for a couple months. The GM felt it was safer to self report and pay the fine than get caught and face more severe penalties. The ECHL definitely doesn't look the other way on salary cap violations like the UHL did. (I've heard rumors about the SPHL not enforcing the rules that same for all teams - not to the degree with the Trashers, just minor stuff like paying for groceries for the players. )

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
"T-bone" Pomposello was the equipment manager for the Reading Royals for half season a couple years after Danbury. He was fired in January, rumors were he was selling sticks, skates, etc and pocketing the cash. I knew him a bit, and he was definitely playing it up for the cameras. Not that stuff didn't happen in Danbury, or that he was above breaking the law (obviously), but he was hamming it up for sure.
We also had a couple players who had been in Danbury on the Royals. I'm an optometrist, and I often see players for eye exams. The guy from Danbury who I saw was surprised I didn't just give him a couple years worth of contacts and some glasses. He said in Danbury they had someone to "hook the players up" with whatever they needed. They were getting cash under the table and they had no expenses. No wonder they all loved it.
I also know the Royal reported themselves to the league for a minor salary cap violation years ago. A fan lent a car to a player, and then didn't ask for it back for a couple months. The GM felt it was safer to self report and pay the fine than get caught and face more severe penalties. The ECHL definitely doesn't look the other way on salary cap violations like the UHL did. (I've heard rumors about the SPHL not enforcing the rules that same for all teams - not to the degree with the Trashers, just minor stuff like paying for groceries for the players. )
The old line about the UHL is that you could tell which teams were abiding by the cap and which ones weren't simply by looking at the standings.

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Wish he'd have gotten a lot longer sentence. FBI spent a lot of time and money to give him 7 years.

Seven years is better than zero, though I agree.

It's comical when people point to Galante's "philanthropy" as though it makes him some kind of Robin Hood. Where do they think the money for his "philanthropy" came from? And do you really think he's doing it from the goodness of his heart, rather than trying to make a downpayment on buying goodwill from the jury pool?

Galante, his kid, Pomposello, Wingfield, Giubileo - anyone who apologizes for the Trashers, for organized crime - are pieces of shit. All this "documentary" did was polish a bunch of turds.

Reactions: Roadhog

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... Galante, his kid, Pomposello, Wingfield, Giubileo - anyone who apologizes for the Trashers, for organized crime - are pieces of shit. All this "documentary" did was polish a bunch of turds.
You are uncharacteristically kind in calling them "turds."

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
Seven years is better than zero, though I agree.

It's comical when people point to Galante's "philanthropy" as though it makes him some kind of Robin Hood. Where do they think the money for his "philanthropy" came from? And do you really think he's doing it from the goodness of his heart, rather than trying to make a downpayment on buying goodwill from the jury pool?

Galante, his kid, Pomposello, Wingfield, Giubileo - anyone who apologizes for the Trashers, for organized crime - are pieces of shit. All this "documentary" did was polish a bunch of turds.

Nobody is apologizing, certainly not Galante. You aint going to get an apology from a guy like that or his loyal supporters. There is however a story to tell here and stories like this sell. I think dumping on the teams broadcaster is unnecessarily harsh, uncalled for imo.

Reactions: sabremike

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad