Status
Not open for further replies.

Muddy Wilbury

Flyers Fan in Ottawa
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, ON.
Dan Hamhuis

nice night for the kid.....

Nashville 12:26, Martin Erat 13 (PP) (Dan Hamhuis, Andreas Johansson)
Nashville 1:05, Dan Hamhuis 6 (Scott Walker, Steve Sullivan)
Nashville 3:13, Adam Hall 8 (pp) (Dan Hamhuis, David Legwand)
Nashville 12:07, David Legwand 14 (Scott Walker, Dan Hamhuis)
Nashville 18:47, Adam Hall 9 (pp) (Dan Hamhuis, Andrew Hutchinson)

-dutch-

Last edited:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Hamhuis is really going to be great, Nashville's got themselves a cornerstone. Maybe the most underrated defensive prospect in the league.

Muddy Wilbury

Flyers Fan in Ottawa
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, ON.
i guess i didn't need to put the "vs. pittsburgh" part in the thread title. it wasn't meant to be a knock against the pens, tell me how to change it and i'll change it.

just thought it was "prospect/rookie" relevant.

-dutch-

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
And this is why, ladies and gents, you had to be profundly dumb to take a big goof like Komisarek over Hamhuis :p
montreal already had Hainsey and Markov on our system when we drafted him!! so i wont blame them !!
im very pleased by komi development ! maybe he wont produce points like hamhuis but he'll be a very solid defenseman !

on the other hand i would have selected ruutu over komisarek(but nobody else than ruutu!!) ... but that's another story ;)

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Vlad The Impaler said:
And this is why, ladies and gents, you had to be profundly dumb to take a big goof like Komisarek over Hamhuis :p

Vlad! What happened to your avatar? Easily one of the best ones on the boards.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
thedjpd said:

Same thing that happened to everyone else's. Temporarily disabled to allow more bandwidth for the deadline days onslaught.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
thedjpd said:

Thanks for the compliment! :)

As someone else said, it's just that all avatars have been down because of the traffic right now. It will be back soon :D

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Hammy had one helluva game that night. He also layed Morozov out with a vicious open ice check. That was what impressed me more than his point total simply because the Pens played like crap and he Nash took advantage of thier many opportunities. But his physical play and defensive coverage impressed me on a different level.
I really like this kid alot! There are some VERY good younger defensemen in the league right now, and we are seeing the future in guys like Hammy. Just wait til he peaks!

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
stardog said:
Hammy had one helluva game that night. He also layed Morozov out with a vicious open ice check. That was what impressed me more than his point total simply because the Pens played like crap and he Nash took advantage of thier many opportunities. But his physical play and defensive coverage impressed me on a different level.
I really like this kid alot! There are some VERY good younger defensemen in the league right now, and we are seeing the future in guys like Hammy. Just wait til he peaks!

Just curious and please don't take offense to this, but did this change your opinion of Dan. Would you still take Orpik?

BCCHL inactive

The only thing wrong with his big night, is that damn announcer who couldn't pronounce his name right.

It's not "ham-hoos", it's "ham-hews" (like Hewitt).

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Van said:
The only thing wrong with his big night, is that damn announcer who couldn't pronounce his name right.

It's not "ham-hoos", it's "ham-hews" (like Hewitt).

you didn't see the first game against the ducks, in which the announcers declared him, "Dan Hahm-hwee"

BCCHL inactive

nomorekids said:
you didn't see the first game against the ducks, in which the announcers declared him, "Dan Hahm-hwee"

Good thing for him that I didn't. ;)

The name isn't French, it's Dutch. And now that I mention that, the Dutch pronunciation would be "ham-house", but over here in North America, that stuff can change. It took a few of his first few games here in Prince George to get it the way his family pronounces it.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
SmokeyClause said:
Just curious and please don't take offense to this, but did this change your opinion of Dan. Would you still take Orpik?
No offense taken, and yes I still would take Orpik. Especially given his vast improvement since our discussion on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad