Dan Blackburn Retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verbal Kint*

So unfortunate. I was really gunning for him on the hopes that his double blocker combo could eventually get him back playing at a higher level but I can't say I'm that surprised that it didn't.

RoyIsALegend*

CrossCheck said:
:madfire: ... So sad.

The potential was enormous. The attitude was remarquable. The guy was classy.

Big loss for the NHL family. :cry:

*remarkable

Moon Man*

Burke's Evil Spirit said:
Yeah, that guy couldn't catch a break.

Well, he couldn't catch anything with two blockers, but you know what I mean.

Sorry, but :biglaugh:

Nice work, Dan. take it easy.

Remax

Sep 24, 2003
Canada
FSU Seminoles said:
wow

life is really unfair

I really wouldn't say this is true in this case. Yes it is unfortunate for him and his friends and family that his career is now done, but he did live a dream of his to play in the NHL, and there are many people who have worse things happen to them and are much worse off. For those people life is really unfair, for him it is unfortunate and might hurt him alot but aside from hockey he still has his health and most of all his life.

StorminZ

Jun 3, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Yea, it is very unfortunate to hear of Dan's retirement, though the writing seemed to be on the wall. Maybe he can parlay his goaltending talents -- as he seemed to be a bright star on the horizon for the Rangers -- into coaching somewhere.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
sad he had to retire because of injury but i never thought he was good enough to be in the NHL anyway.

Skroob*

while it is sad, and i had very high hopes for him, i will say this

he's 22, is pretty much in great health (the only thing the injury is really doing is preventing him from being a pro hockey player), and is now 6 million dollars richer after his insurance payout.

How many people wish you could be 22, have 6mil in the bank and spent some time with an NHL club, and can now do whatever the hell you want with your life???

Skroob*

Rabid Husky said:
sad he had to retire because of injury but i never thought he was good enough to be in the NHL anyway.

he already was in the NHL, so i dont see your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad