Votes: 77 67.0%
  • Colorado

Votes: 38 33.0%

• Total voters

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Well considering Georgie is currently in the biggest mental funk I've ever seen, I'm going Dallas even if I think were better elsewhere.

Reactions: hn777

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Dallas hands down

I don't understand why so many picking are the Avalanche for the Cup with that goaltending

Because have you seen the rest of their team? Probably the best d corps in the league + a very good forward core with MacK, Rantanen, Nuke, Mittelstadt and Lehkonen.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Colorado still scares me.

As deep as Dallas is - and they've got arguably the deepest forward group in the league - they don't have anyone close to MacKinnon's level.

That said, Dallas doesn't have anyone on McDavid's level either but they still made the Oilers look like a bunch of peewee scrubs the other night. :laugh:

If the Stars and Avs meet in the playoffs, Jake Oettinger will need to be at the top of his game, and Dallas needs to be firing on all cylinders to contain Colorado's top guns. They've done it before, recently, and they may very well do it again. But it won't be easy.

Good thing they don't meet Chicago in the playoffs ;)

Even though I think Dallas is significantly deeper and has better goaltending, I'm picking Colorado because they've shown they can get it done before.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Yeah but he seems to have found his game recently

Not even...

Makar, Toews, Girard, Walker, Jack Johnson and Manson? Yeah, they definitely do have a case. Probably might be a tad aggressive, but they absolutely have a case of being the best d corps in the league.

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Makar, Toews, Girard, Walker, Jack Johnson and Manson? Yeah, they definitely do have a case. Probably might be a tad aggressive, but they absolutely have a case of being the best d corps in the league.
They are one of for sure but I would argue, Boston, Carolina, Vegas and NYR are better

Not sure if they're forward group is that impressive out their top line, which is probably the best line in the NHL

With the Rantanen injury, Brandon Duhaime get's elevated to the top 6

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011

No they don't. Not anymore. On paper they're great but the past 2 seasons they've been middle of the pack to outright bad.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Avs if the goaltending holds, that´s a big if though

Can't hang every goal last night on Georgiev, that's for sure. Avs didn't do him many favours. Midway through the 3rd I wasn't convinced Dallas would hang on, but I'm glad they pulled it off.

If these two meet again in the playoffs it could honestly go either way.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Can't hang every goal last night on Georgiev, that's for sure. Avs didn't do him many favours. Midway through the 3rd I wasn't convinced Dallas would hang on, but I'm glad they pulled it off.

If these two meet again in the playoffs it could honestly go either way.
Still doesn't change the fact that Georgiev is a below .900 goaltender on one of the top contenders. He has been pretty damn bad most of the season. Doubt many have much confidence in the guy.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Still doesn't change the fact that Georgiev is a below .900 goaltender on one of the top contenders. He has been pretty damn bad most of the season. Doubt many have much confidence in the guy.

So's Oettinger though.....only in the past few weeks during this run the Stars have been on, has Otter looked even remotely like a top-level goalie. Before that he was sitting at sub-.900 on the season. Even let in the first goal last night, on the first shot he faced, so there's still a few kinks to work out it would seem.

That said, both Dallas and Colorado have managed to put together some very strong seasons, even WITH some shaky goaltending. Imagine either team with a Vezina contender in net, and the President's Trophy would've been decided already. :laugh:

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
So's Oettinger though.....only in the past few weeks during this run the Stars have been on, has Otter looked even remotely like a top-level goalie. Before that he was sitting at sub-.900 on the season. Even let in the first goal last night, on the first shot he faced, so there's still a few kinks to work out it would seem.

That said, both Dallas and Colorado have managed to put together some very strong seasons, even WITH some shaky goaltending. Imagine either team with a Vezina contender in net, and the President's Trophy would've been decided already. :laugh:
No doubt both teams would have taken the President´s trophy with solid goaltending.

I do trust Oettinger way more than Gergiev though. Georgiev had a really nice season last year, but this entire season has been a disaster. The Avs board has started to call the guy 4giev, because it seems way too often no matter how easy a game is he will find a way to give up at least 4.

Reactions: Dr Pepper

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
No doubt both teams would have taken the President´s trophy with solid goaltending.

I do trust Oettinger way more than Gergiev though. Georgiev had a really nice season last year, but this entire season has been a disaster. The Avs board has started to call the guy 4giev, because it seems way too often no matter how easy a game is he will find a way to give up at least 4.

That's who Georgiev is. An above average but not elite goalie in talent who is a major headcase making him awful but capable of good stretches and apparently seasons. When he's motivated and on he's good to very good (once in a while even dominant) but he goes on streaks where he may be the worst in the NHL. He also has a terrible attitude and thinks he's much better than he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad