Votes: 77 67.0%
  • Colorado

Votes: 38 33.0%

• Total voters

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Colorado still scares me.

As deep as Dallas is - and they've got arguably the deepest forward group in the league - they don't have anyone close to MacKinnon's level.

That said, Dallas doesn't have anyone on McDavid's level either but they still made the Oilers look like a bunch of peewee scrubs the other night. :laugh:

If the Stars and Avs meet in the playoffs, Jake Oettinger will need to be at the top of his game, and Dallas needs to be firing on all cylinders to contain Colorado's top guns. They've done it before, recently, and they may very well do it again. But it won't be easy.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Whoever's goalie doesn't let them down.

I love this Avs team. They've got depth. They can score. No lead is safe. Keeping the puck out of their own net is hit and miss. In the playoffs all it takes is losing one game you shouldn't to blow a close series. I don't have a ton of confidence we'll avoid the dreaded .750 for 7 games.

Reactions: MBTendy

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
As a Rangers fan, I assume if the rangers can make it to the cup final it will be against the team that f***ing embarrassed them this season, so Dallas.

And yeah, I do think the Rangers have the best shot of the EC teams.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
As a Wild fan who generally dislikes both DAL and COL for different reasons, I'm going with COL here.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
depends which version of oettinger and which version of makar show up for the series.

voted dallas because i think hockey is a weak link sport (with goaltending being the x factor) and the stars have better depth and the better goalie. think they probably end up winning the cup.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I picked Dallas because Colorado's forward depth and goaltending are lacking and Dallas is really strong depth wise but Colorado's elite players are more dominant so they are always a strong team even when depth can be an issue. Dallas depends on their depth to perform because they do not have top end elite players leading their team, so if their depth doesn't perform they have issues. They are a very well rounded team though. It would be the battle between elite players and depth.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
For some reason Dallas can play McDavid well, but they are never quite as good against MacKinnon and the Avs. Colorado is the one team that is 50/50 for me, everyone else in the West I feel as a favorite against.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
I'd say COL, more gamebreakers.
But then it comes down to goaltending and Otter > Fourgive.

Either way, it would be a must watch series.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Close one but the Stars just look a cut above right now.....

You never know though......Georgiev might surprise or maybe Annunen makes a surprise appearance and turns the series around the way Schmid did for New Jersey last year....

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
As a Stars fan, idk how I'd feel about a series vs the Avs. We really have struggled against them lately and they have several guys who always seem to elevate their game against us. Their whole team is built around speed and we have several below average skaters so it's a rough matchup.

At the same time it feels we almost always play them on the 2nd night of a back to back whenever we visit them in Colorado so that doesn't help. They're a dangerous team though and are never truly out of a game as we figured out the hard way earlier this season.

It would come down to Oettinger imo. Avs have game-Breakers while the Stars don't really so we would probably need Oettinger to be one. Our depth is amazing but at the same time it's likely at least a few of those guys take a step back come playoff time as the pace picks up and we know for a fact the Avs top guys aren't gonna slow down unless they happen to get injured.

Reactions: hn777

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Depends on Oettinger. If Dallas gets elite Oettinger then they will win the cup barring injuries. If Dallas gets average Oettinger then I’m not sure they can beat Colorado or Vegas.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The Avs have the best trio of game breakers in the NHL in Makar, MacKinnon and Rantanen. Nobody on Dallas is on their level, Heiskanen would be the closest. But Dallas depth is night and day superior to the Avs.

Offense = even
Defense = even
Goaltending = Dallas
Coaching = Even

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Every Stars-Avs series I can think of of late came down to goaltending. Stars is better, but goalies are weird. So you never truly know til you see what you get game day from them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad