Dallas Stars hire Assistant General Manager

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
The Dallas Stars hire former San Jose General Manager David Astles as Assistant General Manager.
June 15th, 2007 11:00:00 AM

Dallas, Texas. (AP) - Dallas Stars General Manager Laurens Thie announces the hiring of former San Jose Sharks General Manager David Astles as his assistant.

After the San Jose Sharks lost to the Dallas Stars in the first round of the playoffs this year in a shoking manner, David Astles was ready to walk away from the HFNHL.

Immediately after resigning from the Sharks, Dallas GM Laurens Thie was on the phone asking Astles to join his management team. After wooing Astles with 2 cases of beer and a crate of whiskey the negociations were over and Astles was on a plane to Dallas.

"Laurens' enthusiasm for the game and his management style were really attractive to me. We'll make a great two headed dragon at the head of the Stars. I'm really excited to be back in the HFNHL and I'm going to do my best to help bring a cup to Dallas. The Stars came within a sniff of the cup this year and I think that we'll be back at it next year...but this time the hardware is coming to Dallas." said Astles after arriving in Dallas.

Once we tracked down which pub GM Laurens Thie was at, he had this to add. "I need a drinking buddy. David's the man for that. And to boot, he's a smart hockey guy as well. We're going to build a team that will be feared not only in the West...but we're going to kick the crap out of any cheapshotting team that comes out the East next year.

Kipper is taking very intense Tai Bo lessons this summer and he'll be a one man wrecking crew in the crease next year. A repeat of what happend to him in the finals isn't going to happen. Marty St.Louis is close to signing with the Stars on a long term contract and one of the clauses is that we're going to get him some bionic wrists to they can't be broken. He's also taking cross checking and elbowing lessons from Chris Pronger and Darian Hatcher this summer...so he'll be ready for any punk that tries to take a run at him as well."

Watch out HFNHL...the Stars are going to be one of the best managed team in the NHL the next few years. And it looks like they aren't taking any prisoners either.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Glad to have you sticking around, Dave, in one form or another! I believe this makes the HFNHL's first cross-atlantic tandem in many years - you guys should have all the scouting angles covered. ;)

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Glad to have you sticking around, Dave, in one form or another! I believe this makes the HFNHL's first cross-atlantic tandem in many years - you guys should have all the scouting angles covered. ;)

Well, Martin Trembley is still involved with the Avalanche, although not as a fulltime AGM, so we do have another cross-atlantic tandem. :D

Great to see you continue Dave!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad