Post-Series Talk: Dallas Stars Defeat Colorado Avalanche (Win 4-2)

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Dallas deserved the win.

That disallowed goal seemed legit. Unless I'm missing something, the skater was out of the crease and Makar bumped him into the goalie anyway.

The only thing that I guess made it a no-goal was Lundqvist at intermission saying the skater bumped into Georgiev's stick (even though it's outside the crease it's still a violation?).

Reactions: Alex1234

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I was pretty neutral on this series but really happy that Dallas won after that botched call on what should have been the series winning goal. I think Vancouver would have matched up better against the Avalanche (if they get by Edmonton) but both teams are really good. Dallas’ goaltending just makes them a tougher matchup imo.
Congrats to both teams. It was an excellent series!

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
If some of you guys missed it, at first intermission the studio crew were all talking about the disallowed goal.

I know he's a goalie, but Lundvist was the most biased no-goal guy on the panel.

He kept smirking it's a no-goal the goalie was bumped and that the ref's on-ice call was no goal. So stick with it if there's no footage to overturn it.

Then one of the hosts says what if the ref's call was it was a good goal and situation room didn't overturn it. Is it a good goal then?

Lundqvist acted like an ass, smirked and didnt wanted to commit saying yes keep the goal.

Bissonette or Anson Carter even called him out saying of course youre going to say no. Youre a goalie.

lol

Reactions: LT

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
At start of playoffs I predicted Stars in finals. But way AVs destroyed Jets I predicted them in 7 in this series. Losing Nich must have hurt them.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Enjoy the weekend off Stars + another day or two. Great postseason so far and only half way there but this rest will definitely help set ‘em up for the second half.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Avs just couldn't overcome the loss of Landeskog and Nikushkin. I think they win this if they had both those guys in the lineup.
Nothing to overcome in regards to Landy. Sure it would have been nice to get him back and would be a huge boon if he played at his former level, but this team hasn’t seen him for two years, he was not a part of them this year so nothing to overcome there imo. Nike on the other hand? Well, I think everyone already knows how we feel about him and I’ll leave it at that.

Avs should have kept Byram
Maybe at some point they’ll regret it, certainly not yet.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oh you will when you see Suter raise that cup. :nod:
I have zero animus towards Suter. He played huge minutes for MN, barely ever missed a game, and was a model citizen off ice, although his KwikTrip adds were regrettable. Somehow the local organization/reporters tried to make out that HE was the problem in MN, justifying the crippling buyouts, and replacing him with an over the hill Alex Goligoski.

You can see how that's working out for Minnesota.

Last edited:
Reactions: Klockis

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
IMG_8104.png

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
He's always been one of my favorite players, but I caught of just bought into the narrative that Makar was leaps and bounds better, but this series would indicate otherwise
Tied for 5th in D scoring last year. He had a bit of a down season overall this year in the regular season. I'm interested to see if he can get back to top 5ish in points next year or if that was an anomaly. I think he might score more on his natural side but he's always been needed on his right. He cranks it up offensively in the playoffs. He just doesn't seem as aggressive offensively in the regular season. He doesn't have the natural drive and hunger for scoring that someone like Makar does... And perhaps is trying to conserve a bit of energy for a long season with a lot of miinutes. But in the postseason he's obviously going balls to the wall more at both ends.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
From a great hockey perspective, by far the highest quality series.

Two damn good teams. Real shame they played each other this early.

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
I have zero animus towards Suter. He played huge minutes for MN, barely ever missed a game, and was a model citizen off ice, although his KwikTrip adds were regrettable. Somehow the local organization/reporters tried to make out that HE was the problem in MN, justifying the crippling buyouts, and replacing him with an over the hill Alex Goligoski.

You can see how that's working out for Minnesota.
So you're one of the more reasonable Wild fan. :thumbu: I never understood the hate towards him from Wild fans, much like Av fans hating on Duchene. You'd think they came out and said they hated their time there. There are plenty of Stars fans that like to hate on Suter too, though he does just fine as a third pairing defenseman at this point of his career.

Still waiting for an updated take on the Paper Tigers from Mr. Pavel.
While I think it'll be Florida/Dallas in the finals, a New York/Dallas match up with Dallas coming out on top would take the cake for storylines.

Fulmination

Nov 1, 2019
I really doubt there is some referee betting fix/ratings fix league-wide. The NHL would be over as we know it. How many people would have to be paid hush money? It's just a borderline ridiculous notion.

The reality is the ref made a call of goaltender interference in the moment, and there was some minor questionable contact so they were never going to overturn it, they were going to go with the on ice officials call.
Tim Donaghy says hi

He fixed the NBA. One person with the right motivation can easily fix the entire league without anyone in the league really knowing.
No paysoffs needed

The fact that it has been done before means it probably will be attempted again, or already has and no one got caught.

LaCarriere

From a great hockey perspective, by far the highest quality series.

Two damn good teams. Real shame they played each other this early.
As an avs fan, I thought they looked pretty flat most of the series.

Passes not finding tape. Poor / broken zone entries. 20 giveaways to dallas' 10 last night. Constant brutal starts, almost always playing from behind.

LaCarriere

Tim Donaghy says hi

He fixed the NBA. One person with the right motivation can easily fix the entire league without anyone in the league really knowing.
No paysoffs needed

The fact that it has been done before means it probably will be attempted again, or already has and no one got caught.
A little harder to do with the video review in toronto being done by 4+ people.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but the likelihood is so rare, given what happened in the NBA. Not every bad/questionable call should fans be running to dig out their tinfoil hats from their closets. Avs aren't even a super popular team outside denver/Colorado, I don't see why there would be a hardon to fix it in their favour. Edmonton would be the obvious choice.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Avs fans didn't realize their power in Game 6 until it was too late. Every player they had an "...ooooooo" cheer for scored a goal - Rantanen the "Mooooooose", and Benn and Duchene with the "Boooooooo"s. :laugh:

Reactions: DeathSniper

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
[MOD]

Dallas fans, who do you think you match up against better moving into next round? I’d say Edmonton but that’s just as a casual observer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad