Prospect Info: Dallas Stars 2014-15 Prospect Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Lindell with 25:32 icetime in which he scored 2 goals* today in a 5-2 win against TPS and is now leading in defenceman scoring with 35 points, and (shared) goals with 14. One more game to go for each team in the league.

*even though said himself that the first one was redirected, but its been 1.5 hours so probably won't be changed who knows

middleyard

Jul 6, 2011
Bystrom joining Texas Stars

This coming weekend, Ludvig Byström will be joining the Texas Stars.

Story: Leaving Farjestad and drag to the AHL: "go there and give it a chance" 3 Posted Today, 14:24 Written by Uffe Bodin 0 Comments

Ice Hockey, SHL, Farjestad - Orebro Ludwig Bystrom Photo: Photo Agency

Ludwig Bystrom looks to have done its in Farjestad. This weekend, he leaves Karlstad and fly over to the US to finish the season with games at Dallas Stars Texas farm team in the AHL.
- I am about to clean out the apartment and go to Övik tomorrow (read: today). Then I fly to Texas on Saturday, he says to Värmland Folkblad .
- I go there and give it a chance and I will probably not give me the first time. I'll try to do everything in my power to make it to the NHL.

Bystrom was drafted by the Stars in the second round in 2012, immediately got NHL contract and has been loaned to Färjestad the last two seasons. Having made ​​eleven points (3 + 8) on 51 SHL matches last year, he contributed with 1 + 4 in 38 games this year after sometimes standing outside the team.
- This season was really good for my confidence, how I came back and hit me in the team. It has strengthened me on many levels, says Bystrom to VF.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Glad he's out of that situation. Hope his development wasn't hurt due to that mess.

Baby Stars getting some reinforcements. Add Ritchie and Nemeth (maybe Klingberg too?) for the playoffs and they could be a force.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Glad he's out of that situation. Hope his development wasn't hurt due to that mess.

Baby Stars getting some reinforcements. Add Ritchie and Nemeth (maybe Klingberg too?) for the playoffs and they could be a force.

Glad to hear Bystrom is getting away from that mess.

I thought Klingberg wasn't made available? I'd shut him down instead of exposing him to more wear and tear. At any rate, they need to make the playoffs first, and that means the big club can't afford any more injuries.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I posted this on prospects board about Lindell:

He ended the regular season with 35 points (14+21) in 57 games and was the leader in defenseman scoring in FEL. What a great year for him. We'll see him in the playoffs.

2 other defenseman had same amount of points, but Lindell had less games played and most goals scored.

Last edited:

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Glad to hear Bystrom is getting away from that mess.

I thought Klingberg wasn't made available? I'd shut him down instead of exposing him to more wear and tear. At any rate, they need to make the playoffs first, and that means the big club can't afford any more injuries.

Was Benn sent down to be made available that one year they went to the finals with him? I can't remember.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Benn was listed on the Clear Day. That no longer exists. The new rule is you must be on the AHL roster at 2:00 PM on TDL day. Jokipakka and Klingberg were in the NHL making them ineligible for the AHL playoffs. Ritchie and McKenzie were sent to the AHL briefly in a paper transaction to retain eligibility. Only ATO's (Shore) or signed picks joining the AHL after the completion of their season (Bystrom, Ully, Dickerson, etc.) in a different league are eligible to play in the playoffs.

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Understood, thanks Big.

Pros and cons to him both sitting or playing, I suppose.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I understand with Klingberg from the POV that he's coming off a major surgery with little to no time to try and get stronger over the past two summers. I think they want him to get a head start on training, and I believe he actually mentioned that as well. He wants to get stronger, but he doesn't want to add too much weight.

Jokipakka doesn't make as much sense unless you view it as a development decision rather than what best helps you win. Looking at it from a development POV, I realized they're probably leaving a spot open to give Bystrom, Backman, and Lindell an opportunity to get some games. Lindell, if he can come at all, will likely only come briefly as he's almost a lock for Finland's WC team.

Texas already has Fortunus, Gaunce, Honka, Mangene, Meech, Valentine, and Wrenn. Right now they are rolling with:

Meech-Fortunus
Gaunce-Honka
Valentine-Mangene

Oleksiak has played with Gaunce lately, and Honka had played with Meech while Fortunus was out.

We already know Bystrom is coming back, and they could add Oleksiak at any time when D get healthy. Nemeth is eligible to return at the conclusion of the NHL season. Backman has already mentioned in a Swedish interview after the trade that he wants to join Texas in the AHL at the conclusion of Linkoping's season.

Valentine and Mangene are free game to come out for actual Dallas prospects. There's no way Honka isn't in the mix. I don't think there's any chance that Meech or Fortunus sits either. Gaunce is fine, but I hope they'll be willing to sit him. IDK that happens though.

That essentially only leaves 3 spots for Nemeth and Oleksiak and the three Europeans coming over: Bachman, Bystrom, and Lindell.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Lindell's season ended with OT loss today. I think he will come over to North America now, as the World Championships are still nearly 2 months away.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Any JC updates? Hasn't played this month.

Meh. I'd say who cares, he might as well try eating Gluten free and see what that does for him... he's tried everything else I'm sure. Way too hot and cold mentally to make the next step. We need to focus on a different JC to give us hope in net at this point ;) ... because what the Stars have is too weak mentally in the goaltending position the whole way around as evidenced by our playoff exit last season. Like Ottawa had someone look down from above and hand them Hamburglar, we need the same. Onto focusing on Desrosiers and Moran for me. Call it an airball.

Edit: and in before jumped on I will say I hope it still works for him and call this comment tough love but I'm past hope and into reality.

Last edited:

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Even I, a long-term Jack supporter, have begun to crack. The upside is there and it's high...but the likelihood of reaching it is really starting to diminish at this point barring a re-birth of sorts...it's a shame because he is a very talented goalie, but it takes more than talent to make it...

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
Even I, a long-term Jack supporter, have begun to crack. The upside is there and it's high...but the likelihood of reaching it is really starting to diminish at this point barring a re-birth of sorts...it's a shame because he is a very talented goalie, but it takes more than talent to make it...

He earned his first win since December last night, 2 GA with a .947 sv%. Hopefully he can string together some of these games and get his confidence back.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep

This is the politically correct way an employee would say what I was saying as a fan of everything North Stars and Stars since the 80s.

I feel like I may have a grasp on the psychology behind what might be going on and since I was one of the fans beyond upset we didn't take Fowler on that fateful day in the summer of 2010 as I sat in a hostel in Ottawa watching on my computer I feel entitled to share my opinion...

Maybe he needs to stop the nice act and make a few enemies a la Tuukka in Boston... and start showing people what he's made of. That would be a lot easier if he knew who he was as a person. And I don't blame Jack or some of these other kids who fall off mentally, who have done nothing but live and breathe hockey their entire lives. Light the fire and stop looking back Jack, it's not going to be easy in fact it will be worse than it's been to date. Eat gluten free or go get some fresh air and tour Japan or whatever changes your perspective. And who knows maybe all of my suggestions have been exhausted on him already. Again, I know it is emotionally charged and speculative but I pay membership dues so there you have it.

Go Wheat Kings!

Last edited:

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Nobody knows if Honka is injured or not? He hasn't been listed in the boxscores for a few games.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Nobody knows if Honka is injured or not? He hasn't been listed in the boxscores for a few games.

Wish I knew too, seems a little quiet on the Stars board with the way our luck has gone this year. I'm sure someone will let us know soon because this kid's a player and I hope a big part of the Stars future. Wish I could watch him in the WHL up here this year but he had nothing left to prove. They couldn't send him back to Swift Current could they? No. they are going to get bounced by Brandon first round regardless. Probably more likely the Liiga if he was on loan anywhere, but his production looks on par with what you'd expect in the AHL and you wouldn't think demotion to the ECHL so I'm no help. Maybe a little dinged up would be my very best guess so a potential healthy (?) scratch while he eats wings and popcorn in the press box and recoups. Big G always knows best I've found and so does Bluesoma being the AHL guy IIRC.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

As far as I know they didn't blame the injury on this, but in the 3rd period he got blown up behind the net. Gaunce immediately dropped the gloves and fought the guy.

I can't recall if Honka returned to the game, but I assume that is what caused the injury. Gaunce isn't a guy that runs around looking for fights, and Honka crumbled pretty hard. He's a guy that I haven't seen take a ton of hits, but he usually bounces up pretty quick from most.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
As far as I know they didn't blame the injury on this, but in the 3rd period he got blown up behind the net. Gaunce immediately dropped the gloves and fought the guy.

I can't recall if Honka returned to the game, but I assume that is what caused the injury. Gaunce isn't a guy that runs around looking for fights, and Honka crumbled pretty hard. He's a guy that I haven't seen take a ton of hits, but he usually bounces up pretty quick from most.

This is the risk and the downside to our small super-skilled D prospects. First Klinger, now Honka. We really need a high-end, blue-chip D prospect with size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad