Confirmed with Link: Dallas signs Matej Blumel to 2 year ELC (925k)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
He's quite good... I think he projects to be a very good Bottom 6 NHL player IMO.

Somewhere between Kampf and Kase as one plays better D than him and the other (when not concussed) probably has more offence.

Time will tell.

In extraliga he did both special teams
At worlds he made whoever was on his line better

Jack of all trades type player.. curious how long till his NHL debut!

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
This was so weird to see. I was playing EHM and signed this guy to the Stars last week in my game. Damn, it’s a more realistic game than I gave it credit for.

I think I'm about to hate you and love you at the same time.

Is EHM the Eastside Hockey Manager? I've never heard of it, but it looks pretty incredible. Is it worth the $20?

I feel like I'm about to waste a lot of time on this if it's what you're talking about.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Is EHM the Eastside Hockey Manager? I've never heard of it, but it looks pretty incredible. Is it worth the $20?

I feel like I'm about to waste a lot of time on this if it's what you're talking about.

Abso-f***ing-lutely. It is amazing and you are about to waste SO much time playing it.

It does have a pretty steep learning curve and the tutorials for setting everything up properly aren’t the most user friendly. Their forums and the thread here on HF (in Fantasy) are great resources for getting started.

Reactions: Dallasman and BG44

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Wheeler had this to say about him about 18 months ago:

Blumel is an easy player to like. He never stops moving, he works to keep himself in the play, he’s a factor in puck pursuit, and he plays a driven middle-lane, north-south game which has proven to translate well on smaller ice surfaces. He’s also an above-average skater who generates decent power through his pushes, protects the puck well, has a heavy shot and pretty quick hands.

Reactions: Czechboy

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South

wow would i have lost that bet.. i can't believe you haven't been heavy into ehm for years. right down your alley.

Reactions: LT

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

If you like management games, there's nothing better.
The 07 edition i got up to 2090 or some shit in 1 play through

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: eartotheground

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
So is EHM like career mode in the NHL video game series without playing the games? Drafting, trading, and signing free agents is probably my favorite part of career mode.

Reactions: LT and Kcb12345

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
So is EHM like career mode in the NHL video game series without playing the games? Drafting, trading, and signing free agents is probably my favorite part of career mode.

Pretty much, you can coach games as well and setup linesup and style of play.

I found the game pretty good, but the SIMs are very slow which I found annoying. Like I want to SIM a month at a time or two months and just let the AI take control of the team but I never found an efficient way to do it.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

I found the game pretty good, but the SIMs are very slow which I found annoying. Like I want to SIM a month at a time or two months and just let the AI take control of the team but I never found an efficient way to do it.

You have to "Go on vacation" but carefully set the AGM responsibilities. Even then it's still kind of slow.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

You can do those things in the NHL game as well. What's the biggest difference between the two?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
You can do those things in the NHL game as well. What's the biggest difference between the two?

EHM is a LOT more detailed if you really get into it. I'd also argue it has a much better prospect system and is more configurable, albeit more difficult to work with.

Reactions: Dallasman

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
You have to "Go on vacation" but carefully set the AGM responsibilities. Even then it's still kind of slow.

That method works OK, but like you said it is so slow. If you SIM a month that could take like 15+ mins if I remember correctly haven't played in a while. Plus I couldn't alt-tab out of that game without it crashing so you are basically stuck with it siming and can't do anything else.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

I love it, but it can definitely get a bit tedious, and it's long in the tooth. That being said, there are still roster updates despite the game not having an official one since 2015, face packs for most of the players and some staff, logo packs to make it all look legit, and it's a very deep game. I feel really bad for mentioning my EHM game, I feel like you're gonna go down a hockey sim rabbit hole and never come back.

If I were in your position I might also have a look at FHM 8, which is another hockey sim series that has been steadily improving, and is the only one getting an annual release. In my opinion, it's gotten close enough that you may want the more modern quality of life features over EHM, but I think it's very debatable, so I'd hesitate to outright suggest either one. Maybe check out one of the many FHM vs EHM reddit threads or have a look around youtube to see if one looks more interesting to you.

Not sure either is a perfect representation of the NHL at this point. The first thing I do in any EHM game is trade away Seguin and Benn for peanuts to clear out the cap, and then tank like a motherf***er. For some reason Shane Wright was much better in my game than I expect he'll be in real life. The other flipside of that is the AI doesn't really consider cap much unless they are going to go over it or under it. You can't weaponize your cap space and so long as you find a partner you can trade good players that are severely overpaid.

Yup, the joys of a game so old that it only runs on one core, regardless of your processor. I think the thing I find most annoying is I'm not sure FHM is any faster despite being much, much newer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad