Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Colorado

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
With Division title likely out of reach now ,It appears it is about 90% likely Wild will face either Colorado or Dallas. Both teams present big challenges. Which team gives Wild better chance to advance?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
The Avs. I think the odds of getting past the 1st round are similar against both teams. We probably have to go through both to get to the Conference Finals, and I'd prefer to deepen the Avs-Wild rivalry right off the bat. Sports is the only place I think it's ok to hate. I even encourage it.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
We have no centers. If rossi takes Eks place we might win 1 or 2 games first round.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
The only way this team makes it past game 4 of the first round is if Fluery somehow gets to play against the Wild while counting wins for the Wild.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
The impact of Ek injury can’t be overstated.
There are Zero centers left.
Hartman could be ok but it seems like he is never really giving 100%. Either he’s lazy or out of shape but never seems truly engaged.

Hate is awesome if it’s controlled. You see Colorado, Bruins and Tampa time their little annoying hacks in just the right moments.
But staged fights are realy so useless 90% of the time and the Wild always seems to get the short end of penalties. Ek gets punched in the face regularly.

This “ heavy” game minnesota plays according to broadcasters is so annoying. Zuc, Spurgeon, Steel, Gaudreau, Klingberg, ?????
Reeves is typically too slow to hit anything,
Foligno/Hartman can’t control their emotions and end up hurting more often than not.
Duhaime was nearly erased by Burroughs.

I was hoping on a speed game to advance past Avs or Dallas but the Wild have looked really slow especially against Pittsburg.

God it would be nice if Rossi could come up and be effective. Evason won’t even consider that.

You need to start Gus and hope he steals game one somehow.
I’m sure MAF will get the game one call and he’ll get lit up which will squash any hope.

So… doesn’t matter who … gone in 5.

I’m praying I’m completely wrong.
I'd prefer to knock Avs and Stars out in 5 or 6. Completely possible with Gus starting and great defence.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don’t care, either way. If we can’t beat them, then we aren’t a serious player team. CO has some huge talent obviously, but are not the same team as last year. Stars are a vg team, but beatable if we play our best, and our goalie beats their goalie.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
I wanted Colorado last year, and want them this year.
They’re due for their usual playoff loss to us.
And no, they don’t even remotely frighten me. Never have, never will.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
A huge battle between the Avs and Stars to avoid the Wild :D

I think we'll face the Stars though.
Avs just need to win their last two against Jets and Preds, to win division.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I´m a little more scared of Dallas dudes Robertson and co and it seems Avs have some more injuries but I have no clue really about the state of either team.
So how about we face Avs first and beat them in 7 so our dudes can come back in the lineup. With JEE back we can surprise the Stars

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I dont have a super strong preference either way. I think both are going to be a challenge... but both are beatable too. However, I'd much rather knock out the Avs in the 1st round. Cuz.... f the Avs of course!

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Don't care either way. If the Wild continue the garbage uninspired play they ended the season with, they'll get beat by either of those teams. Easily. I wish very much they wouldn't but, it feels like every other year they just snooze the final few games. Then take a dump in the first round.

First round bed shitters. Wild. Not weird.

Southern Minny

Nov 29, 2021
It doesn't matter who we play, the Avs would be fun due to the playoff history we have, Dallas who knows what could happen, remember Dallas has Minnesota sports blood still running thru them, they are still just as capable of shitting the bed as any other Minnesota team! LOL

Reactions: Sweetnut

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
Id like to see brodin and faber play the shutdown pair. Whos gonna shawdow Mac now that Ek'er is laid up? Im sure the Aves are resting all their fire power tonight against da Preds, so im predicting the Aves first round. Makar is gonna be back for game 1 also.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I think Oettinger is gonna make the wild his absolute bitch for the 5 games it will take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad